Places available for 2020/21: 2 full year places
University Website: https://gsc.korea.ac.kr/usr/main/main.do
The academic year runs from March to December and is made up of 2 terms at KU. The terms are approximately 16 weeks long. Durham University students must conduct a full academic year exchange.
- Full academic year: March ~ December / September ~ June
- Spring semester: March ~ June
- Fall Semester: September ~ December
General Contact: Ms. Yuhnee Jee: email@example.com
Have a GPA 2.5 or above / 4.0
Information on courses available to international exchange students can be found here
- Exchanges for Law, Education and Business are unavailable.
- Not all courses are offered in English. Students must check the course catalogue
Korea University has student limitation quota at each department/classes, so we cannot guarantee you will be able to take ALL the courses you wish to take. Therefore, if you have any essential courses you need to take for graduation we suggest you to take it at your home university.
Course List & Syllabus
- URL: (http://sugang.korea.ac.kr) > English > Major Subject (or General Subject).
- The syllabuses are available by clicking 'Course No.'
- You are able to search the courses without logging in.
- If the courses are not available, please select the previous year and see the past syllabuses. They will be similar.
There are various accommodations near the campus.
The on-campus accommodation has designated date to apply. Students will be informed the application dates when they receive the Admission package from Korea University. The dates are strictly kept.
There are also various off-campus housings where international students can stay per semester or year. Students can contact the off-campus manager and reserve their room.
For the details, please refer to Student Services > Accommodation
Supporting Documents Required
- Original Academic Transcript
- Personal Statement (A4 one-page)
- Copy of Valid Passport
Must be valid at least 3 months after your semester at KU ends
- Certificate of Health (Can be found in Application page)
Only the examination which is done within 3 months from the time of application for Student Exchange/Visiting Program is acceptable
- Oath of Good Conduct (Can be found in Application page)
- Health Insurance
- One Academic Reference
Academic reference letter accepted by direct email from the referee only
FAQs can be found on the Korea University webpages.