East China Normal University
Number of places available for 2021/22: 10 full year places (Priority for MLAC students)
University website: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN/
Term Dates: September to January and February to June
- 15th November (Spring Semester)
- 15th May (Fall Semester)
ECNU offers a limited selection of courses taught in English, focusing on Chinese culture and society through the Global China Program. Additionally, students can take courses in the Chinese language.
- For "General visiting students programs": You must be proficient in Chinese - New HSK-4 for programs of the Chinese language department. New HSK-5 for other programs.
- For "Global China Program" and Language Programs: There are no specific language requirements. Students do not need HSK certificates to apply for those two programs.
Accomodation is available on-campus through the university. Off-campus private housing is also available.
Applications for accommodation will be open from 11th to 15th June. General informationon accommodation locations, room types and prices can be found here
Supporting Documents Required
- Application form
- Highest education certificate
- HSK certificate
- Copy of passport
- Elaborate Study Plan
- 400RMB Application Fee (non-returnable)
ECNU have a page entitled 'Student Life' containing helpful information on Health & Insurance, facilities and useful contacts (below) etc.
ECNU International Students Office (Zhongbei Campus)ï¼š
Tel: 0086-21-62232013, 62238353
ECNU International Students Office (Minhang Campus):
Office Hour: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm
There are some Summer School opportunities at East China Normal University.
Students studying in China should acquire private health cover for the duration of their study abroad period.
Helpful FAQ's can be found here