Durham University is a recognised institution in the Erasmus + programme and maintains links with over 200 partner universities across Europe. Under the programme Durham students can study in Europe as part of their degree. In return Durham receives students from our partner universities to study in Durham.
Students coming from one of our European Erasmus+ partners are eligible for an Erasmus+ exchange placement. Please check before submitting an application.
Our academic programmes run for the full academic year (October-June). It is sometimes possible to spend less than one year at Durham if your home university has made special arrangements with the Durham department. Unless you are taking a special project, students attend the same courses and take the same examinations as students studying a full degree at Durham.
- Inspiring surroundings in an historic university town
- Unique College system providing a strong sense of community - all students are members of a college
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of sports and other activities, both at University and college level
- An excellent network of support and welfare services, including a dedicated Exchanges and Study Abroad Team and a personal College Tutor
Please note: The Erasmus+ programme is funded with support from the European Commission. This website and subsites reflect the views only of the Durham University International Office, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Please contact the Durham University International Office with any questions.
- ECHE Charter 2014-2020 (last modified: 28 March 2014)