Uppsala - Durham Seedcorn Fund
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Uppsala - Durham Seedcorn Fund - 2019
Building on their collaborations through the Matariki Network of Universities, Durham and Uppsala Universities wish to strengthen their bilateral ties and have developed a joint seedcorn fund to source and support joint research. Through a competitive process, Durham and Uppsala Universities will jointly advertise, select and fund research projects to the value of €10,000- €25,000. Successful research projects are expected to result in third-party funding applications.
Parameters of the scheme are outlined below:
- Applicants/ PIs must be academic staff at either Durham or Uppsala Universities at any stage of their careers, and can include faculty from cooperating institutes.
- Additional external partners can be involved, however a strong argument should be made where contribution exceeds 20%.
- Applicants must have expertise in the applied projects.
- Projects incorporating Early Career Researchers (ECRs) or postgraduate students are encouraged.
- Competition opens on Monday 18th March
- Completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com by midday (UK time) 20th May 2019
The application form, guidance notes as well as information about future external funding opportunities are available to download using the links below.