Latin America & the Caribbean
The Latin America and Caribbean Regional Interest Group brings together colleagues from across Durham University with an interest in the area. The group welcomes academics and postgraduate students to its termly meetings, which aim to explore opportunities for collaboration with individuals and institutions in the Americas and Caribbean, as well as hosting visiting speakers with connections with the region. Working in conjunction with the International Office, it also administers the University’s Santander Mobility Grants to facilitate travel between Durham and Latin America in order to develop or enhance university collaborations.
The pages on this website serve as the Group’s primary repository for information, including announcements of conferences and funding opportunities, along with other relevant news items. If you would like to be involved please complete the below survey of Regional Interest form below, or contact Libby Wood for more details.
Research Centres and Institutes
- Centre for Criminal Law and Criminal Justice
- Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM)
- Institute for Computational Cosmology
- International Boundaries Research Unit
- International Landslide Centre
- Exploring the reality of children and young people's participation: the good, the bad and the difficult
Student and Alumni Societies and Associations
Prof. Andrea Noble & Dr. Joanildo Burity
Prof. Andrea Noble and Dr. Joanildo Burity will co-lead the Latin America and the Caribbean group.