Information for your country
Around 70 students from this country are currently studying at Durham University.
- Entry requirements
- English Language requirements
- Agents in your country
- Alumni information
- Durham in your country
- Student testimonials
Your contact in Durham
Phone: +44 (0)191 33 46322
Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate (Kotogakko Sotsugyo Shomeisho) with grades of 3 or above in all subjects.
Our minimum entry requirements are as follows:
- GCE A-Level
- A recognised foundation programme
- A year at a Japanese University, a vocational degree (Senmeshi) or an associate degree (Jungakushi) with an overall score of 80% or above.
More course specific entry requirements can be found on our course database: /courses/
Please note: the advertised requirements are equivalent to ABB at A-Level. Please contact the International Office for more information.
A Bachelor degree (Gakushi, 4-6 years) with an overall mark of 76%, B+ or GPA of 3.3 or higher
A Master’s degree (Shushi).
English Language Requirements
The minimum entry levels for international students onto any programme of study except the Foundation Programme at Durham University are listed below. All qualifications must be taken within two years* of the start of the academic programme. Acceptable English Language examinations for entry to Durham University are:
- IELTS: 6.5 (no component under 6.0)
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE): Grade C
- Cambridge Advanced (CAE): Grade A
- Language at Grade B or above
- GCSE English Language at grade C or above
- Pearson Test of English (overall score 62 (with no score less than 56 in each component)
Many departments/schools require different (higher) levels for entry onto particular programmes of study. Please check with the International Office or your Department for clarification of the English Language level required for entry to your chosen programme.
Agents in your country
There are around 500 alumni in this country.
Durham in your country
No visits to this country by the University are currently planned.
No testimonials have currently been written for this country.