Agent Conference 2021
Global Agent Network & Webinar
23rd - 25th March 2021
Message from PVC-Global- Professor Claire O’Malley
On behalf of Durham University, I welcome you all to our first ever virtual international agent conference in what would have been our 10th conference anniversary. We are hosting this conference online to ensure we play our part in helping our staff, students, our local community and delegates to remain safe during this unprecedented global challenge that we have. Through the feedback from our questionnaire survey to our agent network, I am pleased that so many of our agent network and key stakeholders are taking up the opportunity to discuss how we can support each other in our recruitment activities using this year’s agent conference as a platform. The virtual nature of this year’s conference provides a unique and plenty of opportunities for all our agent network to join us wherever you may be in the world. I thank you all for your continued support for Durham University and I look forward to e-meet you all and welcoming you all to our beautiful campus once it’s safe to do so. The health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and students is, and will remain, our top priority throughout this pandemic and beyond.
The conference is aimed at engaging the Durham University Global Agent Network who are recruiting international students for the University. This conference provides a unique opportunity for our global network of agents to learn more about Durham University, its key Unique Selling Points (USPs), and the ‘Durham Difference’, which underpins the value added from our Wider Students Experience activities.
This conference will be held online (via Zoom) over three days. Alongside 18 hours of informative, timely sessions from engaging speakers on a range of topics, we will also provide a wide range of opportunities to: network (via breakout sessions), discuss, and make connections with relevant colleagues across the University.
You will also be able to access recordings of all sessions after the event.
Durham University ‘Certificate of participation’ will be issued to all attendees.
Your Virtual Experience
This year’s conference will take place on a virtual conference platform to provide you with an interactive online experience and to connect you with current students and our global alumni network. The virtual platform has multiple interactive areas that are optimised for connecting and engaging. You can move in and out of rooms just like an in-person event allowing you to enjoy the content, undertake networking and make connections during the breakout sessions. During the sessions, there will be opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with speakers and panellists.
Programme highlights include:
- Town Hall style session with our Senior Leadership Team, led by the Vice Chancellor-Professor Stuart Corbridge and including PVC-Global, PVC-Colleges & Student Experience and the President Durham Student Union.
- Durham Difference & Wider Student Experience (WSE)
- Student Wellbeing
- Durham Alumni panel session
- Admissions (undergraduate & postgraduate) and enquiries team
- Durham Voices- current student panel session
- CAS, Visa, Immigration & Data security (GDPR)
- International quiz with prizes to be won
Registration and Booking
Once we received your online bookings, we will send you the online joining instructions (including links, event numbers and passwords) three working days before the conference. If you cannot find these in your inbox please check your junkmail and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This conference is essential for all staff working with organisations and agents working with Durham University worldwide.
- Build personal relationships with Durham University staff
- Meet our Senior Leadership Team
- Opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- Networking- there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact
- Hear about how you can better promote Durham University through your agency
- Sharing best practice in international student recruitment
- Supporting each other through this global pandemic by working more collaboratively and in partnership
- Know where to get support with your enquiries
- Receive video recordings and speaker presentation slides for your own reference after the event
Who should attend?
The Durham University Agent Conference is open to all staff of Durham University agents worldwide. Potential relevant job titles include:
- Senior Leadership Team: Owners, CEOs, Managing Directors etc
- Branch Managers
- All Durham University Global agent network members