The COSMA8 prototype system entered service in October 2020.
It is currently comprised of:
- 32 compute nodes with 1 TB RAM and dual 64-core AMD EPYC 7H12 water-cooled processors at 2.6GHz
- 2 login nodes with 2 TB RAM and dual 32-core AMD EPYC 7542 processors at 2.9GHz
- 1 fat node with 4 TB RAM and dual 64-core AMD EPYC 7702 processors at 2.2GHz
- 2 AMD GPU nodes with 3 MI50 GPUs (32GB), 512GB RAM, dual 64-core AMD EPYC 6452 processors at 2.9GHz
- 1 NVIDIA GPU node with 10 V100 GPUs (32GB), 768GB RAM, dual Intel Xeon Gold 5218 processors at 2.3GHz
- 2 console nodes with a single 16-core AMD EPYC 7302 processor at 3GHz and 256GB RAM
The interconnect is Mellanox EDR, 100GBit/s, with a fat tree topology (2 leaf, 1 spine switch). The total number of compute nodes available is 32, with 4096 cores.
The full COSMA8 system is currently being installed, and due to enter service in October 2021. This will be comprised of 360 compute nodes as above, with a HDR 200GBit/s non-blocking fat tree topology.