Publication detailsHunt, R. & Atkinson, S. GeoHumanities and Health. In: Atkinson, S. & Hunt, R. GeoHumanities and Health. Springer; 2019:1-19.
- Publication type: Chapter in book
- ISSN/ISBN: 2522-8005, 9783030214050, 9783030214067
- DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-21406-7_1
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This is an introduction to the themes and contributions in the book. The essay discusses the potential and characteristics of the hybrid space of the GeoHumanities and the placing of health with this space. We consider the ways in which openings and opportunities may arise for successfully interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary scholarship related to medicine and health. We take a thematic approach in structuring the collection, through bodies, voices and practice, and chart the ways in which the contributing authors have conceived of GeoHumanities and Health.