Dr Christine E. Dunn - all publications
Journal papers: academic
- Wistow, J., Dominelli, L., Oven, K.J., Dunn, C.E. & Curtis, S.E. The role of formal and informal networks in supporting older people's care during extreme weather events. Policy and Politics. 2015;43:119-135.
- Le Mare, A., Makungu C. & Dunn C. “Yes we are here, living, but malaria is surrounding us” sustainable livelihoods and malaria in Tanzania. Development in Practice. 2014;24:216-233.
- Porter, G., Hampshire, K., Dunn, C., Hall, R., Levesley, M., Burton, K., Robson, S., Abane, A., Blell, M. & Panther, J. Health impacts of pedestrian head-loading: a review of the evidence with particular reference to women and children in sub-Saharan Africa. Social Science & Medicine. 2013.
- Dunn, C.E., Rowlingson, B., Bhopal, R.S. & Diggle, P. Meteorological conditions and incidence of Legionnaires' disease in Glasgow, Scotland: application of statistical modelling. Epidemiology & Infection. 2013;141:687-696.
- Oven, K., Curtis, S., Reaney, S., Riva, M., Stewart, M.G., Ohlemuller, R., Dunn, C., Nodwell, S., Dominelli, L. & Holden, R. Climate change and health and social care: Defining future hazard, vulnerability and risk for infrastructure systems supporting older people’s health care in England. Applied Geography. 2012;33:16-24.
- McCall, M.K. & Dunn, C.E. Geo-information tools for participatory spatial planning: Fulfilling the criteria for 'good' governance?. Geoforum. 2012;43:81-94.
- Dunn, C.E., le Mare, A. & Makungu, C. Malaria risk behaviours, socio-cultural practices and rural livelihoods in southern Tanzania: Implications for bednet usage. Social Science & Medicine. 2011;72:408-417.
- Dunn, C.E. Innovation in GIS Research UK. Transactions in GIS. 2010;14:219-221.
- Dunn. C.E., Crowley, P., Bush, J., Pless-Mulloli, T. & McKinney, P.A. Expertise and scientific uncertainty: understanding trust amongst professional stakeholders in environment and health. Environment and Planning A. 2008;40:696-714.
- Dunn, C.E., Bhopal, R.S., Cockings, S., Walker, D., Rowlingson, B. & Diggle, P. Advancing insights into methods for studying environment-health relationships: A multidisciplinary approach to understanding Legionnaires' disease. Health & Place. 2007;13:677-690.
- Atkins, P.J., Hassan, M.M. & Dunn, C.E. Environmental irony: summoning death in Bangladesh. Environment & Planning A. 2007;39:2699-2714.
- Armstrong, B.G., Dolk, H., Pattenden, S., Vrijheid, M., Loane, M., Rankin, J., Dunn, C.E., Grundy, C., Abramsky, L., Boyd, P., Stone, D. & Wellesley, D. Geographic variation and localised clustering of congenital anomalies in Great Britain. Emerging Themes in Epidemiology. 2007;4:14.
- Dunn, C.E. Participatory GIS: a people's GIS?. Progress in Human Geography. 2007;31:616-637.
- Hassan, M.M., Atkins, P.J. & Dunn, C.E. Social implications of arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh. Social Science and Medicine. 2006;61:2201-2211.
- Atkins, P.J., Hassan, M.M. & Dunn, C.E. Toxic torts: arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh and the legal geographies of responsibility. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2006;31:272-285.
- Thomas, C.J., Davies, G. & Dunn, C.E. Mixed picture for changes in stable malaria distribution with future climate in Africa. Trends in Parasitology. 2004;20:216-220.
- Hassan, M.M., Atkins, P.J. & Dunn, C.E. Suitable arsenic mitigation options in Bangladesh: voices of local people. Indian Journal of Landscape Systems and Ecological Studies. 2004;27:1-7.
- Cockings, S., Dunn, C.E., Bhopal, R.S. & Walker, D.R. Users' perspectives on epidemiological, GIS and point pattern approaches to analysing environment and health data. Health & Place. 2004;10:169-182.
- Williams, C. & Dunn, C.E. GIS in participatory research: assessing the impact of landmines on communities in north-west Cambodia. Transactions in GIS. 2003;7:393-410.
- Howel, D., Moffatt, S., Bush, J., Dunn, C.E. & Prince, H. Public views on the links between air pollution and health in North-East England. Environmental Research. 2003;91:163-171.
- Hassan, M.M., Atkins, P.J. & Dunn, C.E. The spatial pattern of risk from arsenic poisoning: A Bangladesh case study. Journal of Environmental Science and Health. 2003;38:1-24.
- Bush, J., Moffatt, S. & Dunn, C.E. Contextualisation of local and global environmental issues in north-east England: implications for debates on globalisation and the 'risk society'. Local Environment. 2002;7:119-133.
- Howel, D., Moffatt, S., Prince, H., Bush, J. & Dunn, C.E. Urban air quality in north-east England: Exploring the influences on local views and perceptions. Risk Analysis. 2002;22:121-130.
- Bush, J., Moffatt, S. & Dunn, C.E. 'Even the birds round here cough': stigma, air pollution and health in Teesside. Health & Place. 2001;7:47-56.
- Dunn, C.E., Kingham, S.P., Rowlingson, B., Bhopal, R.S., Cockings, S., Foy, C.J.W., Acquilla, S.D., Halpin, J., Diggle, P. & Walker, D. Analysing spatially referenced public health data: a comparison of three methodological approaches. Health & Place. 2001;7:1-12.
- Bush, J., Moffatt, S. & Dunn, C.E. Keeping the public informed? Public negotiation of air quality information. Public Understanding of Science. 2001;10:213-229.
- Dunn C.E. Geographical information systems as a means for communicating about public health. In: Bennett, P. Calman, K., Curtis, S. & Smith, D. Risk Communication and Public Health. Oxford University Press; 2010.
- Dunn, C.E. Illustrating the report. In: Flowerdew, R. & Martin, D. Methods in Human Geography. Harlow, Essex: Pearson; 2005.
- Dunn, C. E. & Williams, C. Integrating local knowledge and GIS: Landmine threat assessment in Bosnia and north-west Cambodia. In: Kinder, D. B. & Higgs, G. GIS Research in the UK. 2001:44-47.
- Dunn, C.E. & Kingham, S.P. Modelling air quality and the effects on health in a GIS framework. In: Parker, D. Innovations in GIS 3. Taylor & Francis; 1996:205-213.
Journal papers: online