Dr Christine E. Dunn - all publications
Journal papers: academic
- Tymms, Peter, Curtis, Sarah E., Routen, Ash C., Thomson, Katie H., Bolden, David S., Bock, Susan, Dunn, Christine E., Cooper, Ashley R., Elliott, Julian G., Moore, Helen J., Summerbell, Carolyn D., Tiffin, Paul A. & Kasim Adetayo S. Clustered randomised controlled trial of two education interventions designed to increase physical activity and well-being of secondary school students: The MOVE Project. BMJ Open. 2016;6:e009318.
- Dunn, C.E., Le Mare, A. & Makungu, C. Connecting global health interventions and lived experiences: suspending ‘normality’ at funerals in rural Tanzania. Social and Cultural Geography. 2016;17:262-281.
- Wistow, J., Dominelli, L., Oven, K.J., Dunn, C.E. & Curtis, S.E. The role of formal and informal networks in supporting older people's care during extreme weather events. Policy and Politics. 2015;43:119-135.
- Le Mare, A., Makungu C. & Dunn C. “Yes we are here, living, but malaria is surrounding us” sustainable livelihoods and malaria in Tanzania. Development in Practice. 2014;24:216-233.
- Porter, G., Hampshire, K., Dunn, C., Hall, R., Levesley, M., Burton, K., Robson, S., Abane, A., Blell, M. & Panther, J. Health impacts of pedestrian head-loading: a review of the evidence with particular reference to women and children in sub-Saharan Africa. Social Science & Medicine. 2013.
- Dunn, C.E., Rowlingson, B., Bhopal, R.S. & Diggle, P. Meteorological conditions and incidence of Legionnaires' disease in Glasgow, Scotland: application of statistical modelling. Epidemiology & Infection. 2013;141:687-696.
- Oven, K., Curtis, S., Reaney, S., Riva, M., Stewart, M.G., Ohlemuller, R., Dunn, C., Nodwell, S., Dominelli, L. & Holden, R. Climate change and health and social care: Defining future hazard, vulnerability and risk for infrastructure systems supporting older people’s health care in England. Applied Geography. 2012;33:16-24.
- McCall, M.K. & Dunn, C.E. Geo-information tools for participatory spatial planning: Fulfilling the criteria for 'good' governance?. Geoforum. 2012;43:81-94.
- Dunn, C.E., le Mare, A. & Makungu, C. Malaria risk behaviours, socio-cultural practices and rural livelihoods in southern Tanzania: Implications for bednet usage. Social Science & Medicine. 2011;72:408-417.
- Dunn, C.E. Innovation in GIS Research UK. Transactions in GIS. 2010;14:219-221.
- Dunn. C.E., Crowley, P., Bush, J., Pless-Mulloli, T. & McKinney, P.A. Expertise and scientific uncertainty: understanding trust amongst professional stakeholders in environment and health. Environment and Planning A. 2008;40:696-714.
- Dunn, C.E., Bhopal, R.S., Cockings, S., Walker, D., Rowlingson, B. & Diggle, P. Advancing insights into methods for studying environment-health relationships: A multidisciplinary approach to understanding Legionnaires' disease. Health & Place. 2007;13:677-690.
- Atkins, P.J., Hassan, M.M. & Dunn, C.E. Environmental irony: summoning death in Bangladesh. Environment & Planning A. 2007;39:2699-2714.
- Armstrong, B.G., Dolk, H., Pattenden, S., Vrijheid, M., Loane, M., Rankin, J., Dunn, C.E., Grundy, C., Abramsky, L., Boyd, P., Stone, D. & Wellesley, D. Geographic variation and localised clustering of congenital anomalies in Great Britain. Emerging Themes in Epidemiology. 2007;4:14.
- Dunn, C.E. Participatory GIS: a people's GIS?. Progress in Human Geography. 2007;31:616-637.
- Hassan, M.M., Atkins, P.J. & Dunn, C.E. Social implications of arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh. Social Science and Medicine. 2006;61:2201-2211.
- Atkins, P.J., Hassan, M.M. & Dunn, C.E. Toxic torts: arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh and the legal geographies of responsibility. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. 2006;31:272-285.
- Thomas, C.J., Davies, G. & Dunn, C.E. Mixed picture for changes in stable malaria distribution with future climate in Africa. Trends in Parasitology. 2004;20:216-220.
- Hassan, M.M., Atkins, P.J. & Dunn, C.E. Suitable arsenic mitigation options in Bangladesh: voices of local people. Indian Journal of Landscape Systems and Ecological Studies. 2004;27:1-7.
- Cockings, S., Dunn, C.E., Bhopal, R.S. & Walker, D.R. Users' perspectives on epidemiological, GIS and point pattern approaches to analysing environment and health data. Health & Place. 2004;10:169-182.
- Williams, C. & Dunn, C.E. GIS in participatory research: assessing the impact of landmines on communities in north-west Cambodia. Transactions in GIS. 2003;7:393-410.
- Howel, D., Moffatt, S., Bush, J., Dunn, C.E. & Prince, H. Public views on the links between air pollution and health in North-East England. Environmental Research. 2003;91:163-171.
- Hassan, M.M., Atkins, P.J. & Dunn, C.E. The spatial pattern of risk from arsenic poisoning: A Bangladesh case study. Journal of Environmental Science and Health. 2003;38:1-24.
- Bush, J., Moffatt, S. & Dunn, C.E. Contextualisation of local and global environmental issues in north-east England: implications for debates on globalisation and the 'risk society'. Local Environment. 2002;7:119-133.
- Howel, D., Moffatt, S., Prince, H., Bush, J. & Dunn, C.E. Urban air quality in north-east England: Exploring the influences on local views and perceptions. Risk Analysis. 2002;22:121-130.
- Bush, J., Moffatt, S. & Dunn, C.E. 'Even the birds round here cough': stigma, air pollution and health in Teesside. Health & Place. 2001;7:47-56.
- Dunn, C.E., Kingham, S.P., Rowlingson, B., Bhopal, R.S., Cockings, S., Foy, C.J.W., Acquilla, S.D., Halpin, J., Diggle, P. & Walker, D. Analysing spatially referenced public health data: a comparison of three methodological approaches. Health & Place. 2001;7:1-12.
- Bush, J., Moffatt, S. & Dunn, C.E. Keeping the public informed? Public negotiation of air quality information. Public Understanding of Science. 2001;10:213-229.
- Dunn C.E. Geographical information systems as a means for communicating about public health. In: Bennett, P. Calman, K., Curtis, S. & Smith, D. Risk Communication and Public Health. Oxford University Press; 2010.
- Dunn, C.E. Illustrating the report. In: Flowerdew, R. & Martin, D. Methods in Human Geography. Harlow, Essex: Pearson; 2005.
- Dunn, C. E. & Williams, C. Integrating local knowledge and GIS: Landmine threat assessment in Bosnia and north-west Cambodia. In: Kinder, D. B. & Higgs, G. GIS Research in the UK. 2001:44-47.
- Dunn, C.E. & Kingham, S.P. Modelling air quality and the effects on health in a GIS framework. In: Parker, D. Innovations in GIS 3. Taylor & Francis; 1996:205-213.
Journal papers: online