Current Staff Information
Dr Eleanor Loughlin
(email at email@example.com)
As the Academic Skills Programme Manager, Eleanor works with academic departments, colleges and support services to provide a seamless study skills support service responsive to the needs of a diverse student community.
- Dorian, L., & Loughlin, E. (2018). Stand Out from the Crowd: key skills for study, work and life. Palgrave.
- Loughlin, E., Martin, E., McComb, L. & Taylor, S. (2010). Induction for Postgraduate Research Students. SRHE.
Chapter in book
- Tan, E. & Loughlin, E. (2014). Using ‘formally’ informal blogs to create learning communities for students on a teaching and learning programme: peer mentoring and reflective spaces. In Online Tutor 2.0: Methodologies and case studies for successful learning. Peñalvo, F.J.G & Pardo, A.M.S Information Science Reference. 163-75.
- Loughlin, E. (2004). Grasping the Bull by the Horns: Minoan Bull Sports. In Games and Festivals in Classical Antiquity, Proceedings of the Conference held in Edinburgh July 10-12, 2000. Bell, S. & Davies, G. British Archaeological Reports Oxford Ltd. 1-8.
- Loughlin, E. (2004). The Calf in Minoan Art and Society. In PECUS - Man and Animal in Antiquity, Proceedings of the Conference at the Swedish Institute in Rome, September 9-12, 2002. Santillo Frizell, B. 187-93.
- Barber, R.N.L., Loughlin, E. & Morton, J. (1997). Rhodes island, Kastellórizo, Kárpathos, Kásos and Khalkí. In Rhodes and the Dodecanese. Blue Guides.
- Heading, D. & Loughlin, E. (2018). Lonergan's insight and threshold concepts: students in the liminal space. Teaching in Higher Education 23(6): 657-67.
- Tan, E.R., Murray, M.R. & Loughlin, E. (2018). Who’s asking? An alternative methodology for engaging students in evaluation exercises. Student Engagement in Higher Education Journal No. 2(No.2): 29-46.
- Loughlin, E. (2002). The Bovine Mother; Bronze Age Images of the Cow from Crete and the Eastern Mediterranean. Journal of Indo-European Studies 30(Spring/Summer): 41-78.
- Loughlin, E. (2000). The Gambolling Calf in Bronze Age Crete. Cosmos, Journal of the Traditional Cosmology Society 16: 89-101.
Other (Digital/Visual Media)
- Loughlin, E., Alexander, C. & Buckler, S. (2017). Research and Writing Skills for Dissertations and Projects: An Introduction (online course)Epigeum, Oxford University Press.
- Kandiko Howson, C.B., Loughlin, E. & Mcilroy, D. (2015). Academic Success: Skills for Learning, Skills for Life (online course)Epigeum, Oxford University Press.
- Bailey, A. & Loughlin, E (illustrator) (2012). Peculiar Penguins and Funny Looking Frogs.
- Tan, E. Loughlin, E. & Joyce-Gibbons, A (2017), Developing student-led research: customer, consumer, colleague, collaborator, The 17th Biennial EARLI Conference. Tampere, Finland http://dro.dur.ac.uk/21353/