Current Staff Information
Dr Malcolm Murray, FRGS FHEA CMALT
(email at email@example.com)
Related ActivitiesA Director of OSCELOT - the Open Source Community for Educational Learning Objects and Tools http://www.oscelot.org
School of Education
- IntRef Project: Intercultural Reflection on Teaching
- Blackboard Building Block Development
Indicators of Esteem
- 2010: Blackboard Catalyst Award:
Innovative Development Category: outstanding developer contribution.
Awarded jointly with Stephen Vickers from The University of Edinburgh.
- 2008: Blackboard Innovators Award:
Awarded for having created the most viewed client contribution on edugarage.com (a community wiki). Awarded jointly with Peter Fokkinga, from the University of Groninge in, the Netherlands.
- 2005: Blackboard Greenhouse Award: Awarded a US$25,000 grant to create a sustainable community of building block developers in the UK. The funds were used to generate resources, run community events and training sessions.
Chapter in book
- Furley, PA, Penn, M, Bird, N & Murray, MR (2001). analysis of micro-environmental change and forest composition in Belize. In GIS and remote sensing applications in biogeography and ecology. Millington, A, Walsh, S & Osborne, P Amsterdam: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Furley, PA, Penn, M, Bird, N & Murray, MR (2000). Spatial analysis of micro-environmental change and forest composition in Belize. In GIS and remote sensing applications in biogeography and ecology. Millington, A, Walsh, S & Osborne, P Kluwer.
- Tan, Elaine, Murray, Malcolm R & Loughlin, Eleanor (2019). Giving away control of the questions: an alternative methodology for engaging students in evaluation exercises. RAISE Student Engagement in Higher Education Journal 2(2): 29-46.
- Murray, MR (2011). When technology is not enough: a culture of competition is the real obstacle to online collaboration. Online Educational Research Journal 1-22.
- Metcalfe, S, Breen, A, Murray, MR, Furley, PA, Fallick, A & McKenzie A (2009). Environmental change in northern Belize since the latest Pleistocene. Journal of Quaternary Science 24(6): 627-641.
- Penn, MG, Furley, PA & Murray, MR (2004). Micro-environmental variability and tropical forest composition in Belize. Caribbean Geography Journal 12: 33-51.
- Sutton, DA, Furley, PA, MacGillivray, CW & Murray, MR (2003). Preliminary observations on the vegetation and soils of the Upper Raspaculo River, Maya Mountains, Belize. Journal of Belizean Affairs 5(1): 70-93.
- Furley, PA, Bridgewater, S, Ibanez Garcia, A, Minty, CD, Murray, MR, Ratter, JA, Stuart, NS & Vasquez, M (2003). Savannas of the Rio Bravo Conservation Area: vegetation and soil-plant community relationships. Journal of Belizean Affairs 5(1).
- Murray, MR (2002). Is laser particle size determination possible for carbonate-rich lake sediments?. Journal of Paleolimnology 27(2): 173-183.
- Murray, MR (2002). Mangrove clearance in Belize: local soil changes and vegetative response to site abandonment. Journal of Belizean Affairs 4(2): 51-60.
- Murray, MR, Zisman, SA, Furley, PA, Munro, DM, Gibson, J, Ratter, J, Bridgewater, S, Minty, CD & Place, CJ (2002). The mangroves of Belize: 1. Distribution and composition. Forest Ecology & Management 174(1-3): 267-281.
- Murray, MR, Zisman, SA & Minty, CD (1999). Soil-plant relationships and a revised classification of Turneffe Atoll, Belize. Atoll Research Bulletin 4: 1-32.
- Murray, MR, Tan, E & Loughlin, E (2016). Student Voice 2014-15: technology in education. Durham University.
- Tan, E, Loughlin, E & Murray MR (2014). Student-led Review of e-Learning. Durham University.
- Newland, B, Newton AJ, Pavey J, Murray MR & Boardman, K (2004). VLE Longitudinal Report. Durham University.
- Murray, MR (2003). duo – Durham University Online: implementing the Blackboard™ Community Portal. IT Service.