The English language is the world's number one language for communication between those from different countries whose first language is not English. English is the language of international politics, international business, international finance, of film, literature, research and technology.
The Expert English programme is a high level English language programme aimed at supporting those whose first language is not English in their use of English in the world that students may encounter after leaving their university programmes. The programme aims to help students perform in the English language with ease and accuracy in a range of contexts at an expert level.
The course runs for four hours each week (two x 2 hour sessions) in the University's second term, and is built around performance of a range of activities in English, with learning focusing in particular on developing:
- language accuracy
- range of language
- abilities to engage in social conversations
- understanding of English in literature, video and film
- performance in business meetings and presentations
- language and skills of negotiation
- reading abilities across a range of texts
- writing effective promotional texts, blogs and other web posts
- writing effective emails and other correspondence
For more information about the programme contact Philip Nathan on email@example.com