Year-round Pre-Sessional English Language
On this course you will learn to:
- write effective, well organised paragraphs in a variety of academic styles
- write academic texts using information from single or multiple sources
- plan and write essays of a type encountered in university examinations under time pressure
- understand the processes required for reading and writing in an academic context
- read a range of academic articles and other texts, making appropriate notes to support assignment writing
- produce better grammatically correct sentences, using more complex structures and language
- write an extended research-based assignment on an academic topic of interest
- give an extended presentation on an academic topic in an area of research interest
- speak and listen effectively in university seminars and tutorials
- listen to and make effective notes in lectures
How long will I need to study on this course?
This depends upon your current English language level and the English language level required to begin your academic course. This varies between departments. Please see the Learning and Teaching handbook for guidance or email us at email@example.com.