عربي ¦ 中文 (简体) ¦ 中文 (繁體) ¦ Русский язык
Welcome to the English Language Centre
The English Language Centre is a busy department which has a number of distinct functions.
As a support department we specialise in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) and through our Summer Pre-sessional and Year-round Pre-sessional programmes we prepare hundreds of international students for life in their academic departments. Our EAP provision also includes Academic Language and Communication courses which provide academic language and literacy support to international students throughout their studies. Through our Academic Writing Unit we offer tailored academic literacy and study skills support to students (home and international) in departments around the University.
Finally, we have considerable expertise in offering teacher development programmes to English Language Teachers.
Year-round Pre-sessional Courses
The English Language Centre is now taking applications for the Year-round Pre-sessional course.
(21 Jul 2016) » More about Year-round Pre-sessional Courses
One-to-One Academic Writing Consultations
The Academic Writing Unit of the English Language Centre has now delivered more than 1000 one-to-one academic writing consultations this academic year to home, international, undergraduate and postgraduate Durham University students.
(1 Jul 2016) » More about One-to-One Academic Writing Consultations
DU ALC Courses
Academic Language & Communication Courses, free to all registered Durham University students. Because No-one's First Language Is Academic English
- The #DUALC timetable for the coming year is nearly ready.
@durhamstudent get ready for great new support courses! https://t.co/Wynhx3DgP1
Tweeted 1 week ago
- Welcome to all the students arriving for their pre-sessional programme today @durham_uni
We look forward to seeing you in October on ALC!
Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- We've got nearly 50 likes on our new facebook page- @durhamSU if you'd like to join us you can find us here: https://t.co/VdlPVUsWDV
Tweeted on Fri, 01 Jul 2016 09:33:51 +0100
- We now have a facebook page! Find us (and 'like' us!) here: https://t.co/U0kVtR1KwK
Tweeted on Wed, 29 Jun 2016 11:19:38 +0100
- Congratulations to all the @durham_uni students graduating this week- especially those of you who've used our service. Best of luck! #DUALC
Tweeted on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:54:23 +0100
- Pizza's ordered. Cakes & fruit cut up. Oh- and we've prepared some topics for today's ALC Focus Group too!
Tweeted on Thu, 26 May 2016 13:20:12 +0100
- Our pilot DALT is now full.
You can still get free pizza and cake by coming to our Focus Group, though!
Book: https://t.co/7gY2b88yyc #DUALC
Tweeted on Mon, 16 May 2016 09:13:40 +0100
- Earn some goodies! Give us feedback on ALC.
More details: https://t.co/7gY2b88yyc
Tweeted on Fri, 13 May 2016 09:40:09 +0100
- .@durhamstudent Don't forget that our Intensive Academic Writing course runs Mon-Thu NEXT WEEK.
Book a place: https://t.co/7gY2b88yyc #DUALC
Tweeted on Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:17:05 +0000
- .@durhamstudent Don't forget you can sign up for Term 2 Academic Language & Communication courses from today
Tweeted on Fri, 01 Jan 2016 12:00:04 +0000