عربي ¦ 中文 (简体) ¦ 中文 (繁體) ¦ Русский язык
Welcome to the English Language Centre
The English Language Centre is a busy department which has a number of distinct functions.
As a support department we specialise in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) and through our Summer Pre-sessional and Year-round Pre-sessional programmes we prepare hundreds of international students for life in their academic departments. Our EAP provision also includes Academic Language and Communication courses which provide academic language and literacy support to international students throughout their studies. Through our Academic Writing Unit we offer tailored academic literacy and study skills support to students (home and international) in departments around the University.
Finally, we have considerable expertise in offering teacher development programmes to English Language Teachers.
Academic Writing Support
Registered Durham University students can book a one-to-one academic writing consultation with the English Language Centre's Academic Writing Unit.
(10 Feb 2017) » More about Academic Writing Support
DU ALC Courses
Academic Language & Communication Courses, free to all registered Durham University students. Because No-one's First Language Is Academic English
- Hello @durhamSU @durhamIO
ALC courses on effective revision, exam strategy & more are now open for bookings:
Tweeted on Tue, 02 May 2017 14:25:58 +0100
- .@durham_uni @DurhamStudentsU
Don't forget our ALC revision courses are released at 12 noon TODAY!
More info & book https://t.co/7gY2b88yyc
Tweeted on Mon, 10 Apr 2017 08:07:18 +0100
- Don't forget! @durham_uni students only have til 12 noon to get completed ALC surveys in- chance to win £20
Tweeted on Fri, 07 Apr 2017 09:28:54 +0100
- Food's here! Must be time for another #DUALC focus group... https://t.co/Zt1YWPKdrO
Tweeted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:26:55 +0000
- If you're still around next week, join us on Thu 23rd at 5.30 for ???? & to give us your thoughts!
Book: Focus Group https://t.co/7gY2b88yyc
Tweeted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:25:19 +0000
- RT @durhamIO: This week we're asking what life is like for #international students @durham_uni. Tweet us your experiences! #Wednesdaywisdom…
Tweeted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:17:05 +0000
- RT @maryfordneal: Lovely to see @DurhamLawSchool celebrating the work of ♀️scholars on #IWD incl @cave555 and @lizjcampbell
Tweeted on Wed, 08 Mar 2017 18:45:32 +0000
- Including our very own Diana Scott! https://t.co/HYZSsV2uYm
Tweeted on Wed, 08 Mar 2017 17:10:00 +0000
- RT @stiivkirk: The @durham_uni ELC admin team. Inspiring women w/out whom we simply could not function
Clare B, you too!…
Tweeted on Wed, 08 Mar 2017 12:30:10 +0000
- #DUIWD17 Happy International Women's Day #IWD2017 from all of us at the English Language Centre. We'll be tweeting throughout the day!
Tweeted on Wed, 08 Mar 2017 09:18:25 +0000
49 New Elvet
T:+44 (0)191 334 2230