This page lists events with which English Studies staff and students are directly involved (staff and students should email email@example.com to add an event here). To find English related events in Durham or in the local region organised outside of the Department, see our North East English Events newsletter.
Reading between the Lines: Eighteenth-Century Journals and Romantic Letters, 1740-1830
A one-day conference on eighteenth-century journals and letters.
The keynote speaker is the historian of feminism Jane Rendall, who will discuss the correspondence of three Edinburgh authors, Elizabeth Hamilton, Eliza Fletcher, and Anne Grant.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this event.
English Events Newsletter
Are you interested in literature, books and culture? Subscribe to our monthly listings of English events taking place across the North East.
READ: Research in English At Durham. #books #writing #bookchat from the UK's top Department of English @durham_uni.
- @LouisaTurner @dianemagras @durhamcathedral If you haven't yet been struck down with weird knife wounds you are probably safe.
Tweeted 28 minutes ago
- Did Cuthbert get on well with his mother? Best question of the evening...to which we don't know the answer! #LateSummerLectures
Tweeted 29 minutes ago
- @dianemagras Not to worry. Won't take it as a providential sign.
Tweeted 40 minutes ago
- It's fascinating stuff - and podcast coming soon. Watch this space. #LateSummerLectures https://t.co/xDObjfMlHt
Tweeted 43 minutes ago
- Women now welcome! Can visit @durhamcathedral today without risk of being struck down dead. Phew. #LateSummerLectures
Tweeted 45 minutes ago