Karen Jones - all publications
- Jones, K.L., Tymms, P., Kemethofer, D., O’Hara, J., McNamara, G., Huber, Stephan, Myrberg, Eva, Skedsmo, Guri & Greger, David (2017). The unintended consequences of school inspection: the prevalence of inspection side-effects in Austria, the Czech Republic, England, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland. Oxford review of education 43(6): 805-822.
- Jones, K.L. & Tymms, P.B. (2014). Ofsted's role in promoting school improvement: The mechanisms of the school inspection system in England. Oxford Review of Education 40(3): 315-330.
- Barmby, P., Kind, P. & Jones, K. (2008). Examining Changing Attitudes in Secondary School Science. International Journal of Science Education 30(8): 1075-1093.
- Kind, P.M., Jones, K. & Barmby, P. (2007). Developing attitudes towards science measures. International Journal of Science Education 29(7): 871-893.
Chapter in book
- Jones, K., Tymms, P., Kemethofer, D., O'Hara, J., McNamara, G., Huber, S., Myberg, E., Skedsmo, G. & Gregger, D. (2014), The unintended consequences of school inspection: the prevalence of inspection side-effects in Austria, the Czech Republic, England, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland, 43: EES conference. Dublin, October 2014, Taylor & Francis Online, 805-822.
- Tymms, P. & Jones, K. (2014), The unintended effects of school inspection: evidence from an EU comparative study, ISI-TL Symposium: The changing face of school inspections; theories and practices. Gothenburg, Sweden, 3-4 June 2014.
- Jones, K. (2019). Using binary logistic regression to investigate the impact of the Durham Grant Scheme. Internal report for Durham University.
- Anane, E., Jones, K. & Tymms, P. (2014). Evidence from a school inspection study: Survey data from England.
- Jones, K. & Tymms, P. (2012). EU Inspection study project report: Year 1 Survey Data Analysis: England.
- Torgerson, C.J., Wiggins, A., Torgerson, D.J., Ainsworth, H., Barmby, P., Hewitt, C., Jones, K., Hendry, V., Askew, M., Bland, M., Coe, R., Higgins, S., Hodgen, J., Hulme, C. & Tymms, P. (2011). Every Child Counts: The Independent evaluation Executive Summary. Department for Education (DfE).
- Merrell, C., Jones, P., Bolden, D., Jones, K., Defty, N. & Ndaji, F. (2010). Evaluation of procedures for calculating National Ratings: A report for the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
- Merrell, C., Jones, P., Bolden, D., Jones, K., Defty, N. & Ndaji, F. (2010). For helping young children: A review of pupils' attitudes to Science and Mathematics.
- Wiggins, A., Coe, R., Jones, K. & Kan, M-Y. (2009). Evidence of educational support outside of school. London.
- Coe, R., Jones, K., Searle, J., Kokotsaki, C., Mohd Kosnin, A. & Skinner, P. (2008). Evidence on the effects of selective educational systems. London.
- Coe, R.J., Searle, J., Barmby, P., Jones, K. & Higgins, S. (2008). Relative difficulty of examinations in different subjects. CEM Centre, School of Education.
- Jones, K. L. & Coe, R. (2006). Evaluation of Increased Flexibility Programme, Cohort 3.