Publication details for Prof Joe ElliottMoseley, D., Elliott, J., Gregson, M. & Higgins, S. (2005). Thinking Skills Frameworks for Use in Education and Training. British Educational Research Journal 31(3): 367-390.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0141-1926, 1469-3518
- DOI: 10.1080/01411920500082219
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This article details findings from a systematic review and evaluation of frameworks and taxonomies for understanding thinking, with particular reference to learning in post-16 contexts. It describes the means used to identify and evaluate 35 frameworks and identifies three that appear to be particularly useful in the context of lifelong learning. In the light of this analysis, a schematic integrated model of thinking is outlined and discussed.