Publication details for Prof Catherine MontgomeryCaruana, Viv & Montgomery, Catherine (2015). Understanding the Transnational Higher Education Landscape: shifting positionality and the complexities of partnership. Learning and Teaching 8(1): 5-29.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1755-2273, 1755-2281
- DOI: 10.3167/latiss.2015.080102
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This article presents a comprehensive review of research on transnational higher education published between 2006 and 2014. It aims to provide an overview of a highly complex field that is both nascent and shifting, with research developing unevenly and concentrated in particular areas. This overview will enable academics working in transnational higher education to place their practice in the wider context of socio-political and cultural discourses. The review adopts the concept of positionality, which defines individuals and/or groups not in terms of fixed identities but by their shifting location within networks of relationships as a means of understanding the changing landscape.