X3K309 Technology Enhanced Learning MSc
The pathway has been designed to meet the demand of those wishing to use / deploy / design technology and software for use in educational settings. It builds on the research interests of a number of staff within the School.
This pathway aims to support students in gaining a critical understanding of:
- New educational advances in terms of technological and software based solutions and their impact on learning.
- Elements of the ACM K-12 Computing curricular and how this can improve the robustness of ICT education
- Ways in which such software is designed and built thereby providing a robust grounding on how such systems can be evaluated
- Knowledge of the impact existing technologies are having in formal and informal educational setting and the research approaches used to collect such evidence
The course has four taught modules (each of 30 credits): two core modules in Technology Enhanced Learning, a research method module, and an optional module. In addition there is a supervised dissertation (60 credits). It is possible to do the course part-time over three years or full-time over one year.
- Improving Computer Education
- 21st Century Technology.
Subject requirements, level and grade
Applicants for the programmes must normally be graduates of this or another University or of the C.N.A.A., with an upper 2nd class honours or above (successful completion of a masters level PGCE will classify as 'above'), or have other specially approved qualifications which satisfy the Admissions Sub-Committee that they are suitably qualified to undertake the programme.
Teaching experience may be considered appropriate in some cases (see pathway specific specifications). However all students must normally demonstrate a personal or professional interest in the academic study of education.
How to apply
English Language requirements
Please check requirements for your subject and level of study
Information relevant to your country
Full Time Fees
|International non-EU Student||£15,700.00|
Part-time fees are £1500 per 30 credits (home students), and £3100 per 30 credits (overseas students).
Please also check costs for colleges and accommodation.