How to Apply
Applying for the foundation year course with us is similar to applying for other undergraduate programmes, but has some key differences. Please follow our advice below to ensure you give yourself the greatest chance of success.
To apply you should:
- Check that your preferred degree programme has a foundation year programme by clicking here.
- Check that you are eligible to apply. This step is essential because only applicants from under-represented groups in higher education are eligible to apply for the foundation programme. You may also wish to read the Foundation Programme Admissions Policy (see Resources, below)
- If you are eligible and we offer your subject, please apply via UCAS.
- Foundation Programme staff will assess your application and will either offer you a place, invite you for assessment or reject your application. Offers made can be unconditional or conditional, depending upon your circumstances.
- If you are invited for an assessment day you will be interviewed and offered opportunities to show your suitability for the foundation year.
Should you have any questions at any stage, please contact The Foundation Programme for advice before taking the next step.
- FPAdmissionsPolicyFinal2020_21.docx (last modified: 7 October 2020)
Get in touch
Pelaw House, Leazes Road