Supporting Teaching & Learning
DCAD staff are working hard to support staff and students during these extraordinary times.
The following resources have been developed in conjunction with the Educational Development Unit at the Business School and the Dean of Education:
- Designing Digitally - resources aimed at staff to help review modules for the coming academic year
- Teaching Online - resources aimed at staff - updated with a new Supporting Online Students Guide
- Learning Online - resources aimed at students
- Teaching & Learning with Video - resources aimed at staff
- Online Meeting/Lecture Tools - for staff and students
- Resilient Teaching in a Hybrid World - resources aimed at staff
- Taking Online Exams - a guide for students
- Diversity in Assessment - a guide aimed at staff wanting to explore alternate assessment options
Following a successful summer pre-sessional delivered online to over 700 students at distance in China, this quick guide provides some top pedagogic tips for delivering classes online in China.
DCAD are running a series of training courses for staff.
The list includes:
- SD369 An Introduction to Teaching and Learning Online
- SD371 Designing digitally for active learning
- SD372 Creating active learning modules in duo
- SD376 Consultations with Digital Learning Team
- SD373 Designing & Delivering Live Classes Online (this is being phased out, replacement courses below start w/b 21/9)
- DS282 Introduction to Collaborate Ultra
- DS283 Introduction to Teams for Teaching
- DS284 Going Further with Teams for Teaching
- DS285 Introduction to Zoom