Multimedia and e-Learning Systems
With the substantial development of digital technologies in multimedia, network communication and user interfaces, we are seeing an increasing number of applications of these technologies, in particular computer gaming, elearning, high-definition and interactive TVs, and virtual environments. The development of these applications typically involves the integration of existing technologies as well as the development of new technologies.
- Fan Yang, Frederick Li, and Rynson Lau, "A Fine-Grained Outcome-based Learning Path Model," IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems. (To appear)
- Rynson Lau, Neil Yen, Frederick Li, and Benjamin Wah, "Recent Development in Multimedia e-Learning Technologies," World Wide Web Journal. (To appear)
- Chris Watson, Frederick Li, and Jamie Godwin, "Predicting Performance in an Introductory Programming Course by Logging and Analyzing Student Programming Behavior," IEEE Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), pp.319-323, Jul. 2013. (Outstanding Paper Award)
- Frederick Li and Rynson Lau, "Emerging Technologies and Applications on Interactive Entertainments," Journal of Multimedia, 6(2):107-114, Apr. 2011. [Download Here]
- Frederick Li, "Computer Games," Encyclopedia of Computer Science & Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Feb. 2009. [PDF]
- Qing Li, Rynson Lau, Timothy Shih, Frederick Li, "Technology Supports for Distributed and Collaborative Learning over the Internet" (Tutorial Paper), ACM Trans. on Internet Technology, 8(2):Article No. 5, Feb. 2008. [Download Here]