Event Request Form
For the attention of Josephine Butler College staff and students
This form should be completed for all event and room bookings in Josephine Butler College.
Requests for events such as Open Mic nights and formals must be submitted a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of the selected date. Events such as Butler Day and Winter, Spring, Summer Balls are booked at the beginning of the academic year, however organisers must complete this form and contact the Operations Manager as soon as possible to discuss arrangements.
Requests need to be submitted 7 working days in advance so that a decision can be made as to whether the event can be accommodated.
If your request includes catering provision and the use of external providers, requests must be submitted at least 14 working days in advance so that a decision can be made as to whether the event can be accommodated.
Bookings are not confirmed until you have an email with a function sheet attached setting out the details of your booking. Please check the function sheet carefully. If there are any changes they should be clearly marked on the function sheet and handed in at Reception. After every change request a new function sheet will be issued to reflect the changes.
For those wishing to book an event to take place at Josephine Butler College, we require organisers to make themselves familiar with the relevant University Regulations and Policies, in particular those concerning alcohol and discipline. Josephine Butler is home to a large number of students, and we request that event organisers bear this in mind when planning activities. In addition, event organisers should ensure the following:
- All spaces (indoors and outdoors) which are used for an event should be left clean and tidy.
- We need to be aware of what spaces you want to use and what you want to do before we can approve an event (the more detail the better).
- All electrical equipment must have a valid PAT test certificate (this applies to any equipment used by the organisers or anyone they bring in such as bands or vendors).
- Major electrical connections to the main power supply need to be checked by the University Estates and Buildings team (via the Community Operations Manager).
- Final Risk Assesments (including floor plans) must be submitted to the Community Operations Manager at least one week in advance of the event or the event may be cancelled.
- Without the above information, we may need to cancel the event, and pass on any additional costs to the event organisers.
Please also note that College Officers and the Porters have the authority to refuse access to any college space when authorisation has not been granted, or if there are safety risks before or during the event.
- Rooms and outside areas must be left clean, tidy, and ready for the next event.
- Never assume you are allowed to do something. If you haven't got permission, don't do it.
- All areas for prep must be included in the application form.