OUR MOTTO: "Comme Je Trouve - We take life as we find it, and make of it what we can."
Welcome to Josephine Butler College - We are now officially 10 years old.
June 2016 to July 2017 is our year of celebration events to mark our 10th Anniversary . Please have a look and see what we have planned.
As Durham's youngest College having opened in 2006, we are free-spirited, flourishing and full of life. We have a vibrant, inclusive community of around 800 students from a variety of backgrounds and encourage all our students to get involved with our pioneering spirit.
Why choose Butler?
- Inspiration and opportunity: We are always open to new ideas giving you the inspiration and the opportunity to be as innovative as you want to be and make things happen.
- Excellent support: Our outstanding college mentor system (rated as excellent by our students) means you have all the support you need to make the most of your time at University.
- Traditions with a twist: We take pride in keeping up some of the University's oldest traditions, giving them our own unique Josephine Butler twist.
Who are we?
We are named after the 19th Century social reformer, Josephine Butler, who had a profound influence on society's view of women's health and education.
- Butler is a fully en-suite, self-catering College.
Butler Mascot - the Mole
You can now buy our beautiful luxurious fur Josephine Butler Mole mascot to have and to treasure forever as your reminder of your time at Josephine Butler College. Why not buy it as a gift for a friend or treat yourself to one for your room or if you are graduating ask your Parents for it as a gift.
These are available at the price of £17.50 each in a gift bag.
Have a look at our fabulous Butler video.
Wednesday 25 January 2017
- Burns Night Formal 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Wednesday 8 February 2017
- Inter MCR Formal 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday 18 February 2017
- 10 Year Anniversary Cathedral Service 11:00am to 12:30pm
Monday 20 February 2017
- STAB Formal 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Monday 13 March 2017
- Societies Formal 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Wednesday 3 May 2017
- Sports Formal 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Wednesday 21 June 2017
- Colours Formal 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday 24 June 2017
- Graduation Formal 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Butler is beautiful, shiny and new. It has a good mix of people from all walks of life and you really get a sense that things are there for the taking if you want it as students run most of the day to day activities. Butler is simply wonderful!Student Experience Survey
Reception: 0191 3347260
Programme of events at Josephine Butler College, Durham University. Also at https://www.facebook.com/butlercep/
- Great day at the Hill College Forum---lots of great interdisciplinary dialogue (and excellent food) https://t.co/rNZgXL0fV9
Tweeted on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 17:23:17 +0100
- RT @thebikiniline: TODAY! The bikini line launches tonight in the Botanical Gardens! #Durham #botanicalgardens #bikini https://t.co/7Tifq59…
Tweeted on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 11:26:35 +0100
- @thebikiniline Launch Tonight at 6.30pm at Botanic Garden. Drinks reception and canapes, Cuth's Big Band. Free art! https://t.co/BMa0QsFCYO
Tweeted on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 11:26:18 +0100
- Congratulations on finishing exams! Enjoy the next few weeks in Durham!
Tweeted on Fri, 03 Jun 2016 20:55:36 +0100
- Do you want to turn your sport hobby into a career? Check out the “Explore: Sport” careers forum on 9 June: https://t.co/BfdtJlGqPv
Tweeted on Thu, 02 Jun 2016 18:25:42 +0100
- Exciting new installation @durham_uni Botanical Garden this June marking 70 years of the bikini: @thebikiniline https://t.co/yiWm1UdFDq
Tweeted on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 16:46:57 +0100
- @thebikiniline exciting new installation @durham_uni Botantical Garden this June marking 70 years of the bikini https://t.co/jgO4ZUvHfG
Tweeted on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 16:44:48 +0100
- @thebikiniline an exciting new installation @durham_uni Botanical Garden marking the 70th anniversary of the bikini https://t.co/vw8qTjyk3F
Tweeted on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 16:42:52 +0100
- RT @thebikiniline: 16 days until 16/6/16, 16 days until an explosive installation opens in Durham Botanical Gardens #70years #bikiniline
Tweeted on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 16:39:03 +0100
- Focus on Your Future: Careers Workshops. https://t.co/MmRqEiQqv1
Tweeted on Mon, 23 May 2016 15:35:37 +0100