As the financial landscape shifts, we are looking for ways to both understand and respond to changes in accounting and finance.
Over the past few years our research has been published in a range of quality journals. Subjects include financial reporting and disclosure, auditing quality, corporate governance, corporate ownership structure, public accounting, management accounting, social and environmental accounting, the accountancy profession, accounting history, Islamic accounting and finance and accounting education.
We also look to increase understanding of the social, economic and political interactions arising through the practice of accounting and auditing. And, through collaboration with leading firms, we are closing the gap that has emerged between academic accounting research and the real world of accountancy practice.
- Omneya Abdelsalam Professor of Accounting & Islamic Finance and Director of the Centre
- Carol Adams Professor of Accounting
- Danny Chow Assistant Professor in Accounting
- Gavin D'Northwood Associate Professor (Teaching) in Accounting, MSc Accounting Programme Director
- Mercy Denedo Assistant Professor in Accounting
- Rob Dixon Professor of Management Accounting, China Development Director
- Laurence Ferry Professor in Accounting
- Stuart Green Assistant Professor (Teaching) in Accounting
- Anne Hall Assistant Professor (Teaching) in Accounting
- Terry Harris Assistant Professor (Teaching) in Accounting
- Guanming He Associate Professor in Accounting
- Hwa-Hsien Gary Hsu Assistant Professor in Accounting
- Nor Kadir Assistant Professor (Teaching) in Accounting
- Francine Le Saint Associate Professor (Teaching) in Accounting
- Darren Leiser Teaching Fellow in Accounting
- Jan (Sarah) Loughran Associate Professor (Teaching) in Accounting and Employability Co-ordinator
- Philippa Matthews Associate Professor (Teaching) in Accounting / Deputy Head of the Department of Accounting/ Associate Dean for Undergraduate programmes
- Tom Mclean Associate Professor in Accounting
- Amir Michael Associate Professor (Teaching) in Accounting/Course Director BSc Accounting
- Anthony Miller Assistant Professor in Accounting
- Beth Picton Senior Teaching Fellow in Accounting
- Richard Slack Head of Accounting, Professor of Accounting
Political Uncertainty and Stock Market Volatility in the Middle East and North African (MENA) Countries
How the events of the Arab Spring changed the financial context of business and investment.