IMPACT magazine issue 9 - available now
Issue 9 of IMPACT, the School’s award-winning magazine, is themed around ‘A changing world’ and is available now. The global business world moves at an exponential rate and through the global pandemic, this change has become even more rapid. In this issue the School reflects on these changes with a focus on society. Are the changes we are experiencing influenced by Covid-19 or were some happening anyway?
This issue’s features include:
- What a president's removal from Twitter tells us about the state of free speech (Dr Mariann Hardey)
- BREXIT and the threat to UK exports (Dr Michael Nower)
- Protecting our mental health from Covid-19 (Professor Roger Gill),
- Reshaping the role of HR (Professor Julie Hodges)
- Electric Dreams (Professor Nick Ellis)
- Should hospitals embrace 3D printing for surgery (Dr Atanu Chaudhuri)
- High frequency trading and liquidity crisis (Dr Arze Karam)
- Hitting the target (Professor Omneya Abdelsalam)
- Building resilient supply chains (Professor Kiran Fernandes)
- How the Durham MBA made me an entrepreneur – Kamales Lardi
IMPACT won ‘Best Publication’ at the Chartered Institute of Public Relations PRide Awards 2018: North East and was a finalist in the CIPR Excellence Awards 2019 ‘Best Publication’ category. The CIPD describe the awards as recognising the outstanding work delivered by clients and employers from across the UK.