Creative Fuse NE: CAKE in the Wild - a celebration of nature, creativity & wellbeing
Creative Fuse NE monthly CAKE (Collaboration and Knowledge Exchange) networking event, bringing together businesses, freelancers, academics, charities and creative practitioners from across the Creative, Digital and IT sectors and wider economy. Each event explores opportunities and innovation challenges.
About the event
In CAKE 42 Creative Fuse NE will explore how being in the wild, or nature, supports creativity and well-being, particularly during the Covid-19 pandemic. While this session will be remote, the team are going to be celebrating all things wild through multimedia formats and an interactive game.
This interactive session, brought to you by the Durham University Creative Fuse NE team, will explore key issues such as
• how the creative economy supports well-being practices through being in the wild;
• how we can, both professionally and individually, be nurtured and supported by creative engagements with nature
• how natural places and venues provide critical support for creativity and well-being
Speakers with us for this event:
• John Quinn, a County Durham-based creative practitioner and educator who works with young people in natural environments to support learning and wellbeing
• The Barn at Easington in County Durham, an Arts and Educational centre specialising in outdoor nature-based learning
For more information and to register, click here