Welcome to Durham University Business School
Congratulations and welcome. I hope your time with us will be intellectually stimulating and challenging, and I encourage you to use each opportunity to broaden and deepen your understanding of your chosen subject, together with your social and personal horizons. I believe your journey here at Durham University Business School will support you in becoming an innovative business thinker of the future and an influential individual in and beyond your career.
I wish you every success, and I look forward to the opportunity of getting to know you during your studies.
Professor Susan Hart, Executive Dean
New postgraduate (Masters and MBA) students, please follow the steps to enrol on your programme and read the welcome and orientation information below.
New undergraduate students there is important information below you will need, especially on how to access the Learn Ultra induction site, how to request to study entirely online if you have health issues and are unable to join us in person in the Michaelmas term and all about welcome and orientation. If you still hold a firm or insurance offer from us your first step is to view our Firm and Insurance Offer Holders page.
1. You can now enrol via our online registration system Banner Self Service.
If you plan to study a full-time programme in person on campus in Michaelmas Term, but you might arrive later than the start of term, you should:
- Record your expected arrival date when you enrol on your programme on the Banner Self Service system - do not complete the separate application for entirely online study.
- Start your studies on campus by Monday 1 November 2021. If you are a full-time MBA student, please follow the instructions in your emails in connection with late arrival.
- Contact the Learning and Teaching team if your planned arrival date changes. View their contact details here.
If you are joining a programme which is not offered online as a back-up (Full-time MBA, EMBA and DBA) listed here Covid-19 Response: FAQs for applicants and future students - Durham University, you will receive communications from your programme team about starting your studies with the School, including information on arriving late.
If you are unable to join us in Durham at the beginning of the academic year due to particular health risks or being unable to travel, as a back-up you will be able to request to study entirely online for Michaelmas term. In this case please request ‘online only’ study as you enrol via the Banner Self Service system.
2. After you have enrolled, you will receive your Durham University email address and credentials.
3. Access your Learn Ultra Induction site or access it at https://blackboard.durham.ac.uk/. This will provide you with information about the Business School, your department and your programme induction.
Please note: The earliest you can sign up for any optional modules will be the Wednesday 1 September 2021. Please read the guidance on your programme outline and module registration on the Learn Ultra Induction site carefully, before registering for any optional modules to avoid having to correct your choices later.
At the same time, please make your final module choices in good time before term begins, preferably by Friday 17 September.
You can find out more about My Digital Durham where a range of guides and resources are hosted about the University's digital services for students.
4. Important information for EU/international students. If you’re an EU or international student and need a Student Visa, Durham will issue you with a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). We’ll contact you shortly after your offer is confirmed to tell you what you need to do. It’s really important that you follow the instructions in this email and reply to us quickly so your CAS is not delayed. View further information on the CAS process and applying for a Student Visa.