Professor Geoff Moore
BA, MA, MSc, DLitt
Geoff was a founding member of the UK Association of European Business Ethics Network (EBEN-UK) and was Chair from 2002 to 2004. Geoff is a member of the Society for Business Ethics (USA) and of the International Society of Business, Economics and Ethics (ISBEE) where he was a member of the Executive Committee from 2006 to 2016.
Geoff was a founding member of the UK Association of European Business Ethics Network (EBEN-UK) and was Chair from 2002 to 2004. He is also a member of the Society for Business Ethics (USA) and of the International Society of Business, Economics and Ethics (ISBEE) where he was a member of the Executive Committee from 2006 to 2016. Geoff is a member of the Editorial Boards of Business Ethics Quarterly, and Business Ethics: A European Review, and formerly of the Journal of Business Ethics.
Geoff teaches sustainability, business ethics and corporate responsibility to postgraduate students as well as research methods on the DBA and Integrated PhD programmes.
- corporate social responsibility
- business ethics
- Moore, G. (2017). Virtue at Work: Ethics for Individuals, Managers, and Organizations.. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Moore, G. (2018). Re-imagining the morality of management: a modern virtue ethics approach. In The heart of the good institution. Virtue ethics as a framework for responsible management. Harris, H., Wijesinghe, G. & McKenzie, S. Springer. 18: 483-511.
- Moore, G. (2018). Organizations, character, virtue and the role of professional practices. In Cultivating Moral Character and Virtue in Professional Practice. Carr, D. Routledge. 110-123.
- Moore, G. (2017). Organizational character and agency.. In Handbook of Virtue Ethics in Business and Management. Sison, Alejo José G., Beabout, Gregory R. & Ferrero, Ignacio Dordrecht: Springer. 1: 591-599.
- Moore, G. (2016). Corporate agency, character, purpose and the common good.. In The challenges of capitalism for virtue ethics and the common good: Interdisciplinary perspectives. Akrivou, Kleio & Sison, Alejo José G. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. 150-165.
- McConway, M. & Moore, G. (2015). Local fair trade organizations and institutional logics.. In Handbook of Research on Fair Trade. Raynolds, Laura T. & Bennett, Elizabeth A. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. 247-264.
- Moore, G. & Beadle, R. (2012). MacIntyre on virtue and organization, originally in Organization Studies. In New Directions in Business Ethics. Crane, A. & Matten, D. Sage publications. 27: 323-340.
- Beadle, Ron & Moore, Geoff (2020). Learning from MacIntyre. Wipf and Stock.
- Moore, G. (2010). Fairness in International Trade.. The International Society of Business, Economics, and Ethics Book Series, v1. Netherlands: Springer.
- Chu, I. & Moore, G (2020). From Harmony to Conflict: MacIntyrean Virtue Ethics in a Confucian Tradition.. Journal of Business Ethics 165(2): 221-239.
- Moore, G. & Grandy, G. (2017). Bringing morality back in: institutional theory and MacIntyre. Journal of Management Inquiry 26(2): 146-164.
- Fernando, M. & Moore, G. (2015). MacIntyrean virtue ethics in business a cross-cultural comparison.. Journal of Business Ethics 132(1): 185-202.
- Moore, G. (2015). Corporate character, corporate virtues. Business Ethics: a European Review 24(S2): S99-S114.
- Moore, G., Beadle, R. & Rowlands, A. (2014). Catholic Social Teaching and the Firm. Crowding in Virtue: a MacIntyrean Approach to Business Ethics. American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly 88(4): 779-805.
- Moore, G. (2012). Virtue in business: Alliance Boots and an Empirical Exploration of MacIntyre’s conceptual framework, . Organization Studies 33(3): 363-387.
- Moore, G. (2012). Virtue of governance: the governance of virtue. Business Ethics Quarterly 22(2): 293-318.
- Moore, G. (2011). Churches as organisations: towards a virtue ecclesiology for today.. International Journal for the Study of the Christian Church 11(1): 45-65.
- Beadle, R. & Moore, G. (2011). MacIntyre: neo-Aristotelianism and organization theory. Research in the Sociology of Organizations 32: 85-121.
- Crane, A., Gilbert, D., Goodpaster, K., Miceli, M., Moore, G., Reynolds, S., Schminke, M., Waddock, S., Weaver, G. & Wicks, A. (2011). Comments on BEQ’s Twentieth Anniversary Forum on New Directions for Business Ethics Research. Business Ethics Quarterly 21(1): 157-187.
- Hou, W. & Moore, G. (2010). Player and Referee Roles Held Jointly: the Effect of State Ownership on China’s Regulatory Enforcement against Fraud. Journal of Business Ethics 95(2): 317-335.
- Moore, G. & Stueckelberger, C. (2009). Global and contextual values for business in a changing world: Editorial. . Journal of Business Ethics 84(Supplement 3): 279-80.
- Moore, G., Slack, R. & Gibbon, J. (2009). Criteria for Responsible Business Practice in SMEs: An exploratory case of U.K. Fair Trade Organisations.. Journal of Business Ethics 89(2): 173 - 188.
- Moore, G. (2008). Re-imagining the morality of management: a modern virtue ethics approach. Business Ethics Quarterly 18(4): 483-511.
- Beadle, R. & Moore, G. (2006). MacIntyre on virtue and organization.. Organization Studies 27(3): 323-340.
- Moore, G. (2006). Managing ethics in higher education: implementing a code or embedding virtue?. Business Ethics: a European Review 15(4): 407-418.
- Moore, G. & Beadle, R. (2006). In search of organizational virtue in business: agents, goods, practices, institutions and environments.. Organization Studies 27(3): 369-389.
- Moore, G., Gibbon, J. & Slack, R. (2006). The mainstreaming of Fair Trade: a macromarketing perspective. Journal of Strategic Marketing 14(4): 329-352.
- Campbell, D., Moore, G. & Shrives, P. (2006). Cross-sectional effects in community disclosures. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal 19(1): 96-114.
- Moore, G. (2005). Humanizing business: a modern virtue ethics approach. Business Ethics Quarterly 15(2): 237-255.
- Moore, G. (2005). Corporate character: modern virtue ethics and the virtuous corporation.. Business Ethics Quarterly 15(4): 659-685.
- Moore, G. (2004). The Fair Trade movement: parameters, issues and future research.. Journal of Business Ethics 53(1-2): 73-86.
- Moore, G. (2004). Regulatory perspectives on business ethics in the curriculum. Journal of Business Ethics 54(4): 349-356.
- Campbell, D., Moore, G. & Metzger, M. (2002). Corporate philanthropy in the U.K. 1985-2000: some empirical findings. . Journal of Business Ethics 39(1-2): 29-41.
- Moore, G. (2002). On the implications of the practice-institution distinction: MacIntyre and the application of modern virtue ethics to business.. Business Ethics Quarterly 12(1): 19-32.
- Moore, G. (2001). Corporate social and financial performance: an investigation in the UK supermarket industry.. Journal of Business Ethics 34(3/4): 299-315.