Dr Moftah Mohammed
PhD, DipRes, MSc, BSc and LAAA Chartered Accountant
Moftah Mohammed gained his BSc in Accounting from University of Benghazi (Garyounis) in Libya, qualified as Chartered Accountant from LAAA, then his MSc in accounting from Academy of Graduate Studies, Benghazi in Libya, and his DipRes (PG diploma of research) and his PhD in Accounting and Business Finance at the University of Dundee in the UK.
He began his academic career at University of Benghazi (Garyounis) Al-Marj city branch where he worked as Assistant Lecturer in accounting, and during this time he has leadership/administrative roles such as the Established/Coordinated the branch of Economic Faculty in Al-Marj city, then during his study toward his PhD, he did more PG and UG teaching at the University of Dundee Business school.
Previously he taught: -
- Principles of Financial Accounting,
- Intermediate Accounting,
- Cost Accounting,
- Managerial Accounting,
- Management and Information Systems, and
- Quantitative Methods (statistics) in Business studies.
- Teaching Introduction to Management Accounting, UG Year 1.
- Teaching Introduction to Financial Accounting, UG Year 1.
- Teaching Management Accounting, UG Year 2.
- Teaching Islamic Accounting, MSc Islamic Finance, PG, Term 2.
Previously, he has worked in the industry for a great deal of time in a range of financial services as a professional accountant/auditor where he took leadership roles such as the head of the internal auditing office.
- Empirical Studies in Corporate Finance in Emerging Markets
- The Ethics in accounting and financial services,
- Islamic Accounting, Finance and Banking,
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility in Accounting and Finance.
- Investment Appraisal and Risk Management,