Dr Mauro Bambi
Mauro joined Durham Business School in August 2018. He was previously Senior Lecturer in Macroeconomic Theory at the Department of Economics and Related Studies of the University of York. He is also a Junior Research Affiliate at the Institut d’Analisi Economica, Barcelona GSE.
In 2007, he earned a PhD in Economics from the European University Institute (Italy), and then held a research fellowship in macroeconomics at the Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium). Later he was Professor Assistant at the Center of Economic Research at ETH Zurich (Switzerland).
In 2008, Mauro’s doctorate thesis was awarded with the Graduate Prize for the Best PhD Thesis from the Italian Association of Applied Mathematics to Economics and Social Sciences.
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Endogenous Growth and Endogenous Fluctuations
- Habit Formation
- Behavioural Economics (Reference Dependent Preferences)
- Bambi, Mauro & Venditti, Alain (2019). Time‐varying consumption tax, productive government spending, and aggregate instability. International Journal of Economic Theory
- Augeraud-Veron, E., Bambi, M. & Gozzi, F. (2017). Solving Internal Habit Formation Models Through Dynamic Programming in Infinite Dimension. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 173(2): 584-611.
- Bambi, M., Di Girolami, C., Federico, S. & Gozzi, F. (2017). Generically distributed investments on flexible projects and endogenous growth. Economic Theory 63(2): 521-558.
- Augeraud-Veron, Emmanuelle & Bambi, Mauro (2015). Endogenous growth with addictive habits. Journal of Mathematical Economics 56: 15-25.
- Bambi, M. (2015). Time-to-build and the capital structure. Economics Letters 137: 222-225.
- Bambi, M., Gozzi, F. & Licandro, O. (2014). Endogenous growth and wave-like business fluctuations. Journal of Economic Theory 154: 68-111.
- Bambi, M. & Gori, Franco (2014). Unifying Time-to-build theory.. Macroeconomic Dynamics 18(08): 1713-1725.
- Bambi, M., Fabbri, G. & Gozzi, F. (2012). Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model. Economic Theory 50(3): 635-669.
- Bambi, M. (2008). Endogenous growth and time-to-build: The AK case. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 32(4): 1015-1040.
- Bambi, Mauro & Gozzi, Fausto (2019). Internal Habit Formation and Optimality.. 1.