Dr Chia-huei Wu
PhD University of Western Australia, Mphil University of Sheffield, MSc & BSc, National Taiwan University
Dr Chia-Huei Wu is an associate professor at Durham University. His research in organisational behaviour focuses on proactive behaviour, personality development, work design and employees' subjective well-being. His work has appeared in peer-reviewed journals, including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, among others. He has also contributed chapters to books, including The Oxford Handbook of Leadership and Organizations, The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship, Advances in Positive Organizational Psychology, Advances in Global Leadership and Proactivity at Work. He is an editorial board member for Human Relations, Journal of Business and Psychology and Journal of Business Research. He previously worked at London School of Economics.
- Proactive behaviour at work
- Personality development and work
- Work Design
- Coaching and sport psychology
- Subjective well-being
- Adult attachment
- Wu, C. H. & Li, W-D. (2017). Individual differences in proactivity: A developmental perspective. In Proactivity at Work: Making Things Happen in Organizations. Parker, S. & Bindl, U. Routledge. 226-257.
- Parker, S. K. & Wu, C. H. (2014). Leading for Proactivity: How Leaders Cultivate Staff Who Make Things Happen. In The Oxford Handbook of Leadership and Organizations. Day, D. V. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 380-405.
- Wu, C., Parker, S. & Bindl, U. (2013). Who is proactive and why? Unpacking individual differences in employee proactivity. In Advances in Positive Organizational Psychology. Bakker, Arnold B. Bingley: Emerald.
- Wu, C. H., Wang, Y. & Mobley, W. H. (2012). Using multiple-source ratings to understand leaders' proactivity. In Advances in Global Leadership. Mobley, W. H., Li, M., & Wang, Y. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Wu, C. H. & Wang, Y (2011). Understanding proactive leadership. In Advances in Global Leadership. Mobley, W. H. Li, M. & Wang, Y Emerald Group Publishing. 6: 299 - 314.
- Wu, C. H. & Parker, S. K (2011). Proactivity in the work place: Looking back and looking forward. In The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational. Cameron, K & Spreitzer, G New York: Oxford University Press.
- Wu, C. H. (2009). Weight? Wait! Importance weighting of satisfaction scores in quality of life assessment. In Personality assessment: New research. Palcroft, L, B. & Lopez, M. V. New York: Nova Science Publishers. 109 - 139.
- Yoshikawa, K., Wu, C. H. & Lee, H. (2019). Generalized Exchange Orientation: Conceptualization and scale development.. Journal of Applied Psychology
- Woods, Stephen A., Wille, Bart., Wu, Chia-Huei., Lievens, Filip. & De Fruyt, Filip. (2019). The Influence of Work on Personality Trait Development: The Demands-Affordances TrAnsactional (DATA) Model, an Integrative Review, and Research Agenda. Journal of Vocational Behavior 110(Part B): 258-271.
- Zhou, Ying., Zou, Min., Woods, Stephen A. & Wu, Chia-Huei (2019). The Restorative Effect of Work after Unemployment: An Intraindividual Analysis of Subjective Well-being Recovery through Reemployment. Journal of Applied Psychology 104(9): 1195-1206.
- Zheng,Y., Wu,C.H. & Graham,L. (2019). Work-to-non-work spillover: the impact of public service motivation and meaningfulness on outcomes in work and personal life domains.. Public Management Review
- Wang, Ying, Ang, Christian, Jiang, Zhou & Wu, Chia-Huei (2019). The role of trait extraversion in shaping proactive behavior: A multilevel examination of the impact of high-activated positive affect. Personality and Individual Differences 136: 107-112.
- Chang, W. H., Wu, C. H., Kuo, C. C. & Chen, L. H. (2018). The role of athletic identity in the development of athlete burnout: The moderating role of psychological flexibility.. Psychology of Sport & Exercise 39: 45-51.
- Yoshikawa, Katsuhiko, Kokubo, Akiko & Wu, Chia-Huei (2018). A Cultural Perspective on Gender Inequity in STEM: The Japanese Context. Industrial and Organizational Psychology 11(02): 301-309.
- Chen, Lung Hung, Wu, Chia-Huei, Lin, Shin-Huei & Ye, Yun-Ci (2018). Top-down or button-up? The reciprocal longitudinal relationship between athletes’ team satisfaction and life satisfaction. . Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology 7(1): 1-12.
- Yoshikawa, K., Wu, C.-H. & Lee, H. J. (2018). Generalized social exchange and its relevance to new era workplace relationships.. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice 11(3): 486-492.
- Chang, W. H., Chi, L., Wu, C. H. & Chen, L. H. (2018). When does perceived coach autonomy support help reduce athlete burnout? The role of athletes’ experiential avoidance.. International Journal of Sport Psychology
- Wang, Ying, Wu, Chia-Huei, Parker, Sharon K. & Griffin, Mark A. (2018). Developing goal orientations conducive to learning and performance: An intervention study.. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology 91(4): 875-895.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Deng, Hong & Li, Yuhui (2018). Enhancing a Sense of Competence at Work by Engaging in Proactive Behavior: The Role of Proactive Personality. Journal of Happiness Studies 19(3): 801-816.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Parker, Sharon K., Wu, Long-Zeng & Lee, Cynthia (2018). When and Why People Engage in Different Forms of Proactive Behavior: Interactive Effects of Self-construals and Work Characteristics. Academy of Management Journal 61(1): 293-323.
- Duan, Jinyun, Li, Chenwei, Xu, Yue & Wu, Chia-huei (2017). Transformational leadership and employee voice behavior: A Pygmalion mechanism.. Journal of Organizational Behavior 38(5): 650-670.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Tian, Amy Wei, Luksyte, Aleksandra & Spitzmueller, Christiane (2017). On the association between perceived overqualification and adaptive behavior. Personnel Review 46(2): 339-354.
- Wu, Chia-Huei & Parker, Sharon K. (2017). The Role of Leader Support in Facilitating Proactive Work Behavior. Journal of Management 43(4): 1025-1049.
- Chen, Lung Hung, Wu, Chia-Huei & Chang, Jen-Ho (2017). Gratitude and Athletes’ Life Satisfaction: The Moderating Role of Mindfulness. Journal of Happiness Studies 18(4): 1147-1159.
- Hung Chen, Lung & Wu, Chia-Huei (2016). When Does Dispositional Gratitude Help Athletes Move Away From Experiential Avoidance? The Moderating Role of Perceived Autonomy Support From Coaches. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology 28(3): 338-349.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Liu, Jun, Kwan, Ho Kwong & Lee, Cynthia (2016). Why and when workplace ostracism inhibits organizational citizenship behaviors: An organizational identification perspective.. Journal of Applied Psychology 101(3): 362-378.
- Wu, Chia-Huei (2016). Personality change via work: A job demand–control model of Big-five personality changes.. Journal of Vocational Behavior 92: 157-166.
- Wu, C.-H. & Wang, Z. (2015). How Transformational Leadership Shapes Team Proactivity: The Mediating Role of Positive Affective Tone and the Moderating Role of Team Task Variety. Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice 19(3): 137-151.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Luksyte, Aleksandra & Parker, Sharon K. (2015). Overqualification and Subjective Well-Being at Work: The Moderating Role of Job Autonomy and Culture. Social Indicators Research 121(3): 917-937.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Griffin, Mark A. & Parker, Sharon K. (2015). Developing agency through good work: Longitudinal effects of job autonomy and skill utilization on locus of control. Journal of Vocational Behavior 89: 102-108.
- Chen, Lung Hung, Wu, Chia-Huei & Chen, Shouming (2015). Gratitude and Athletes’ Life Satisfaction: A Intra-individual Analysis on the Moderation of Ambivalence over Emotional Expression. Social Indicators Research 123(1): 227-239.
- Lin, Shin-Huei, Wu, Chia-huei & Chen, Lung Hung (2015). Unpacking the role of self-esteem in career uncertainty: A self-determination perspective. The Journal of Positive Psychology 10(3): 231-239.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Yang, Cheng-Ta & Huang, Li-Na (2014). On the Predictive Effect of Multidimensional Importance-Weighted Quality of Life Scores on Overall Subjective Well-Being. Social Indicators Research 115(3): 933.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Parker, Sharon K. & de Jong, Jeroen P. J. (2014). Need for Cognition as an Antecedent of Individual Innovation Behavior. Journal of Management 40(6): 1511.
- Wu, Chia-Huei, Parker, Sharon K. & de Jong, Jeroen P.J. (2014). Feedback seeking from peers: A positive strategy for insecurely attached team-workers. Human Relations 67(4): 441-464.
- Chen, L. H. & Wu, C. H (2014). Gratitude enhances change of athlete’s self-esteem: The moderating role of trust in coach. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology
- Hsiao, Yu-Yu, Wu, Chia-Huei & Yao, Grace (2014). Convergent and Discriminant Validity of the WHOQOL-BREF Using a Multitrait-Multimethod Approach. Social Indicators Research 116(3): 971-988.
- Lin, Shin-Huei, Wu, Chia-Huei, Chen, Mei-Yen & Chen, Lung Hung (2014). Why employees with higher challenging appraisals style are more affectively engaged at work? The role of challenging stressors: A moderated mediation model. International Journal of Psychology 49(5): 390-396.
- de Jong, Jeroen P.J., Parker, Sharon K., Wennekers, Sander & Wu, Chia-Huei (2013). Entrepreneurial Behavior in Organizations: Does Job Design Matter? Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 39(4): 981.
- Wu, Chia-Huei & Griffin, Mark A. (2012). Longitudinal relationships between core self-evaluations and job satisfaction. Journal of Applied Psychology 97(2): 331.
- Wu, Chia-huei & Parker, Sharon K. (2011). The role of attachment styles in shaping proactive behaviour: An intra-individual analysis. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology 85(3): 523.