Dr Guanming He
Guanming's research appears in varied prestigious international journals, and has been featured in various media such as Columbia Law School’s Blue Sky Blog on corporations and the capital markets, International Finance magazine, Global Banking and Finance Review magazine. He presented his papers at the American Accounting Association annual meeting in 2009, 2010, 2012-2016, as well as at other major accounting conferences including AAA Financial Accounting and Reporting Section mid-year meeting. On top of that, he was invited for presentations at some leading finance and economic conferences such as American Economic Association annual meeting, Society of Government Economist conference, European meeting of the Econometric Society, CICF, Money, Macro, & Finance conference, Financial Risks International forum, Behavioral Finance Working Group conference. He has served as ac hoc reviewers for varied reputable accounting and finance journals and books. He won best paper awards at the 3rd Australian Financial Market & Corporate Governance conference, 24th International Business Research conference, and 26th International Business Research conference, and was honored with excellent teaching awards in Nanyang Technological University and University of Warwick, respectively. He is now serving as the director of accounting PhD program for the business school.
Research interests: Guanming's research interests focus on the economic forces that determine the production and use of accounting information in business decisions. Examples of his research cover financial reporting and disclosures, credit rating, executive compensation, insider trading, financial analysts, market anomalies, institutional investors, risk management, corporate social responsibility, taxes, and business strategies.
- He, G., Ren, M. & Taffler, R. (2020). The Impact of Corporate Tax Avoidance on Analyst Coverage and Forecasts. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 54(2): 447-477.
- He, G., Bai, L. & Ren, H.M. (2019). Analyst Coverage and Future Stock Price Crash Risk. Journal of Applied Accounting Research 20(1): 63-77.
- He, G., Marginson, D. & Dai, X. (2019). Do voluntary disclosures of product and business expansion plans impact analyst coverage and forecasts?. Accounting and Business Research 49(7): 785-817.
- He, G. (2018). Credit ratings and managerial voluntary disclosures. The Financial Review 53(2): 337-378.
- He, G. (2016). Fiscal support and earnings management. The International Journal of Accounting 51(1): 57-84.
- He, G. (2015). The effect of CEO inside debt holdings on financial reporting quality. Review of Accounting Studies 20(1): 501-536.