Dr Zhibin Lin
Zhibin is Associate Professor in Marketing at Durham University Business School. His research covers a range of topics across several disciplines such as digital marketing, transport, travel and tourism management, and international business. Before pursuing a career in the academia, he has over 10 years' management experience in the airline industry.
Zhibin is Associate Professor in Marketing at Durham University Business School. He is a keen researcher whose interests cut across several disciplines such as technology and innovation marketing; transport, travel and tourism management; and international business. He is a regular contributor to a number of international leading journals, such as Annals of Tourism Research, Tourism Management, Journal of Business Research, European Journal of Marketing, Information & Management, Computers in Human Behaviour, Transportation Research Part E, International Journal of Hospitality Management and others.
Prior to joining Durham, he held academic appointments at the universities of Northumbria, South Bank, Bristol and Keele. In recognition of his teaching excellence, he was nominated for the teaching awards of "Best Lecturer", "Best Use of Technology or Teaching Tools", and "Best International Student Support" at Northumbria. Before pursuing a career in the academia, he has over 10 years' management experience in the airline industry.
Zhibin is one of the winners of the Highly Commended Paper Award at the 2017 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for his co-authored paper published at European Journal of Marketing. He is the recipient of two of the Academy of Marketing Annual Conferences’ best paper awards (2012 & 2016), and the best paper award in the 2017 Academy of International Business (AIB) Southeast Asia Regional Conference. He has been recognised as an "Outstanding Reviewer" for the journals of Tourism Management (2016 & 2017), Technovation (2017), and Transportation Research Part E (2017).
- Application of new technology in marketing
- Technology user behaviour
- Transport, travel and tourism management
- Technology and innovation management
- Lin, Z., You, K., Lau, C. & Demir, E. (2019). Segmenting global tourism markets: A panel club convergence approach. Annals of Tourism Research 75: 165-185.
- Gozgor, G., Lau, C. Zeng, Y. & Lin, Z. (2019). The effectiveness of the legal system and inbound tourism. Annals of Tourism Research 76: 24-35.
- He, H., Li, C., Lin, Z. & Liang, S. (2019). Creating a high-performance exhibitor team: A temporary organization perspective . International Journal of Hospitality Management 81: 21-29.
- You, K., Dal Bianco, S., Lin, Z. & Amankwah-Amoah, J. (2019). Bridging technology divide to improve business environment: Insights from African nations. Journal of Business Research 97: 268-280.
- Lin, Z., Cao, X. & Cottam, E. (2019). International networking and knowledge acquisition of Chinese SMEs: The role of global mind-set and international entrepreneurial orientation . Entrepreneurship and Regional Development
- Shi, X., Lin, Z., Liu, J. & Hui, Y. K. (2018). Consumer loyalty toward smartphone brands: The determining roles of deliberate inertia and cognitive lock-in. Information & Management 55: 866-876.
- Xu, Y., Jin, W. & Lin, Z. (2018). Tourist post-visit attitude towards products associated with the destination country.. Journal of Destination Marketing and Management 8: 179-184.
- Chen, Y. & Lin, Z. (2018). Fashionability vis-à-vis rationality: investigating factors driving users’ e-tourism website stickiness.. Current Issues in Tourism 21(1): 41-57.
- Filieri, R., Mcleay, F., Tsui, B. & Lin, Z. (2018). Consumer perceptions of information helpfulness and determinants of purchase intention in online consumer reviews of services. Information & Management 55(8): 956-970.
- Lin, Z., Vlachos, I. & Ollier, J. (2018). Prioritizing destination attributes for optimal resource allocation: A study of Chinese tourists visiting Britain. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing 35(8): 1013-1026.
- Yang, C., Huang, J., Lin, Z., Zhang, D., Zhu, Y., Xu, X. & Chen, M. (2018). Evaluating the symbiosis status of tourist towns: The case of Guizhou Province, China. Annals of Tourism Research 72: 109-125.
- Lin, Z. & Vlachos, I. (2018). An advanced analytical framework for improving customer satisfaction: A case of air passengers.. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 114: 185-195.
- Filieri, R., Lin, Z., D'Antone, S. & Chatzopoulou, E. (2018). A cultural approach to brand equity: The role of brand mianzi and brand popularity in China. Journal of Brand Management
- Lin, Z., Chen, Y. & Filieri, R. (2017). Resident-tourist value co-creation: The role of residents’ perceived tourism impacts and life satisfaction.. Tourism Management 61: 436-442.
- Filieri, R. & Lin, Z. (2017). The role of aesthetic, cultural, utilitarian and branding factors in young Chinese consumers' repurchase intention of smartphone brands.. Computers in Human Behavior 67: 139-150.
- Oliveira, M., Huertas, M. & Lin, Z. (2016). Factors driving young users' engagement with Facebook: Evidence from Brazil.. Computers in Human Behavior 54: 54-61.
- He, X., Lin, Z. & Wei, Y. (2016). International market selection and export performance: A transaction cost analysis.. European Journal of Marketing 50(5/6): 916-941.
- Yuan, D., Lin, Z. & Zhou, R. (2016). What drives consumer knowledge sharing in online travel communities?: Personal attributes or e-service factors? . Computers in Human Behavior 63: 68-74.
- Lin, Z. & He, X. (2015). The images of foreign versus domestic retailer brands in China: A model of corporate brand image and store image. Journal of Brand Management 22(3): 211-228.
- Lin, Z. & Filieri, R. (2015). Airline passengers’ continuance intention towards online check-in services: The role of personal innovativeness and subjective knowledge.. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 81: 158-168.
- Lin, Z. & Bennett, D. (2014). Examining retail customer experience and the moderation effect of loyalty programmes.. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management 42(10): 929-947.
- Vlachos, I. & Lin, Z. (2014). Drivers of airline loyalty: Evidence from the business travelers in China.. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 71: 1-17.