Dr Qin Zhou
PhD in Management
Qin received her PhD in Management from Aston University, Birmingham. She joined Durham in April 2016. She was a Lecturer in HRM at University of York from 2012-2016. Before York she held academic appointments at Instituto Universitario de Lisboa in Portugal and Twente University in the Netherlands.
Qin's research findings have been published in such journals as Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Human Performance, and Applied Psychology: An International Review, Journal of Business Research.
- Human Resource Management
- Zhou, Q. & Shipton, H. (2016). Making creativity an attractive option. In Human Resource Management, Innovation, and Performance. Shipton, H., Budhwar, P. & Sparrow, P. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shipton, H. & Zhou, Q. (2008). Learning and development in organizations: Intervention or Informality? In Strategic Human Resource Management: building research-based practice. Aston Centre for Human Resources. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). 159-188.
- Aryee, S., Kim, T., Zhou, Q. & Ryu, S. (2019). Customer service at altitude: Effects of empowering leadership.. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
- da Costa, C. G., Zhou, Q. & Ferreira, A. I. (2018). State and trait anger predicting creative process engagement – the role of emotion regulation. The Journal of Creative Behavior JOCB236.
- da Costa, C. G., Zhou, Q. & Ferreira, A. I. (2018). The impact of anger on creative process engagement: The role of social contexts.. Journal of Organizational Behavior 39(4): 495-506.
- Zhou, Q., Martinez L. F., Ferreira, A. I. & Rodrigues, P. (2016). Supervisor support, role ambiguity and productivity associated with presenteeism: A longitudinal study.. Journal of Business Research 69(9): 3380-3387.
- Hirst, G., van Knippenberg, D., Zhou, Q., Zhu, C. & Tsai, P. (2015). Exploitation and exploration climates’ influence on performance and creativity: Diminishing returns as function of self-efficacy.. Journal of Management
- Zhou, Q. & Pan, W. (2015). A cross-level examination of the process linking transformational leadership and creativity: The role of psychological safety climate. . Human Performance 28(5): 405-424.
- Shipton, H., Zhou, Q. & Mooi, E. (2013). Is there a global model of learning organizations? An empirical cross-national study. International Journal of Human Resource Management 24(12): 2278-2298.
- Aryee, S., Walumbwa, F. O., Zhou, Q. & Hartnell, C. A. (2012). Transformational leadership, innovative behavior, and task performance: Test of mediation and moderation processes. Human Performance 25(1): 1-25.
- Zhou, Q., Hirst, G. & Shipton, H. (2012). Context matters: Combined influence of participation and intellectual stimulation on the promotion focus–employee creativity relationship. Journal of Organizational Behavior 33(7): 894-909.
- Zhou, Q., Hirst, G. & Shipton, H. (2012). Promoting creativity at work: The role of problem-solving demand. Applied Psychology: An International Review 61(1): 56-80.