Dr Jorge Lengler
PhD in Marketing, MSc in Marketing, BEcon, BA
Jorge Lengler is an Associate Professor in International Marketing at Durham University Business School. He has published in top journals such as the British Journal of Management, Tourism Management, International Marketing Review, International Journal of Hospitality Management, Journal of International Management, International Journal of Small Business, Journal of Small Business Management, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Journal of Marketing Management, Advances in International Marketing, among many others.
In July 2016, his paper “It is linear or quadratic the relationship between intentions to leave the job and its antecedents in luxury hotels?” won the best paper award on the TOSOK International Tourism Conference in Korea. The paper is co-authored by Dr Roberta Aguzzoli and Dr Asad Mohsin.
- International Marketing
- International Business
- International Tourism Management
- Emerging Markets
- International Consumer Behaviour
- Kahle, L., Gurel-Atay, E., Lengler, J. & Kim, C.H. (2017). A Comparing and Contrasting of the List of Values and the Schwartz Value Scale. In Consumer Social Values. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
- Aguzzoli, R, Lengler, J & Sousa, C (2017), Should I Stay or Should I Go? Exit and Re-entry Determinants of MNEs from Emerging Economies, Journal of Management Studies Paper Development Workshop. Denver, USA.
- Mohsin, A., Lengler, J. & Aguzzoli, R. (2016), Is it linear or quadratic relationship between intentions to leave the job and its antecedents in luxury hotels?, The 79th TOSOK International Tourism Conference. Seoul.
- Geary, J., Aguzzoli, R. & Lengler, J. (2016), Accounting for the Universalistic and Contingency Perspectives: The Transfer of ‘Best Practice’ in a Brazilian company, BAM 2016: Thriving in Turbulent Times. Newcastle upon Tyne, British Academy of Management.
- Aguzzoli, Roberta, Lengler, Jorge , Sousa, Carlos & Benito, Gabriel (2020). Here We Go Again: A Case Study on Re-entering a Foreign Market. British Journal of Management
- Marques, C. Mohsin, A. & Lengler, J. (2019). A Multinational Comparative Study Highlighting Students’ Travel Motivations and Touristic Trends. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management
- Correia, R., Lengler, J. & Mohsin, A. (2019). Entrepreneurial Approaches to the Internationalisation of Portugal’s Hotel Industry.. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 31(3): 1141-1165.
- Marques, C., Mohsin, A. & Lengler, J. (2018). A Multinational Comparative Study Highlighting Students' Travel Motivations and Touristic Trends.. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management 10: 87-100.
- Huertas-García, R., Lengler, J. & Consolación-Segura, C. (2017). Co-branding Strategy in Cause-related Advertising: The Fit between Brand and Cause. . Journal of Product & Brand Management 26(2): 135-150.
- Kele, A., Mohsin, A. & Lengler, J. (2017). How willing/unwilling are luxury hotels' staff to be empowered? A case of East Malaysia.. Tourism Management Perspectives 22: 44-53.
- Geary, J., Aguzzoli, R. & Lengler, J. (2017). The Transfer of ‘International Best Practice’ in a Brazilian MNC: A Consideration of the Convergence and Contingency Perspectives. . Journal of International Management 23(2): 194-207.
- Lengler, J., Mohsin, A. & Mello-Moyano, C. (2017). Travel intention of Brazilian Students: Are they ready to discover new places and things?. Tourism Analysis 22(4): 483-496.
- Mohsin, A., Lengler, J. & Subramonian, H. (2017). The influence of Malaysian students’ travel motives on their intentions to discover new places and things. . Annals of Leisure Research 20(4): 490-506.
- Mohsin, A., Lengler, J. & Chaya, P. (2017). Does travel interest mediate between motives and intention to travel? A case of young Asian travellers.. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management 31: 36-44.
- Lengler, J. F. B., Sousa, C. M. P., Perin, M. G., Sampaio, C. H. & Martínez-López, F. J. (2016). The antecedents of export performance of Brazilian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs): The non-linear effects of customer orientation. International Small Business Journal 34(5): 701-727.
- Mohsin, A. & Lengler, J.F.B. (2015). Service experience through the Eyes of Budget Hotel Guests: Do factors of importance influence performance dimensions?. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management 23: 23-34.
- Mohsin, A., Lengler, J.F.B. & Aguzzoli, R.L. (2015). Staff Turnover in Hotels: exploring the quadratic and linear relationships.. Tourism Management 51: 35-48.
- Mohsin, A. & Lengler, J.F.B. (2015). Exploring the Antecedents of Staff Turnover within the Fast-food Industry: The case of Hamilton, New Zealand.. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism 14(1): 1-24.
- Sampaio, C., Perin, M., Lengler, J.F.B, Cegarra, J. & Jimenez, D. (2014). Entrepreneurial Capacities as Antecedents of Business Performance in Brazilian Firms. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences 31(2): 90-103.
- Sousa, C.M.P., Lengler, J. & Martínez-López, F.J. (2014). Testing for Linear and Quadratic Effects between Price Adaptation and Export Performance: The Impact of Values and Perceptions. Journal of Small Business Management 52(3): 501-520.
- Huertas-García, R., Gázquez-Abad, J.C. & Lengler, J.F.B. (2014). Publicidad conjunta marca-causa: el papel de la implicación del individuo hacia la publicidad en la comprensión y evaluación del mensaje. = Brand/cause advertising: The role of the individual's involvement toward the understanding and evaluation of the ad message.. Revista Europea de Dirección y Economía de la Empresa 23(3): 147-155.
- Simas, M.J., Lengler, J.F.B. & António, N.J. (2013). Integration of Sustainable Development in the strategy implementation process: proposal of a model. Corporate Governance Journal 13(5): 511-526.
- Novello, S., Lengler, J.F.B. & Murias, P. (2013). Customer orientation and SME export performance: insights from Italian manufacturing firms. Micro & Macro Marketing 3(2013): 453-470.
- Lengler, J., Sousa, C.M.P. & Marques, C. (2013). Exploring the Linear and Quadratic Effects of Customer and Competitor Orientation on Export Performance. International Marketing Review 30(5): 440-468.
- Mohsin, A., Lengler, J.F.B. & Kumar, B. (2013). Exploring the antecedents of intentions to quit: A case of luxury hotel staff in India. International Journal of Hospitality Management 35(December): 48-58.
- Lengler, J., Sousa, C.M.P. & Marques, C. (2013). Examining the Relationship between Market Orientation and Export Performance: The Moderating Role of Competitive Intensity. Advances in International Marketing 24: 75-102.
- Sousa, C.M.P. & Lengler, J. (2011). Examining the Determinants of Interfunctional Coordination and Export Performance: An Investigation of Brazilian Exporters. Advances in International Marketing 21: 189-206.
- Sousa, C.M.P. & Lengler, J.F.B. (2009). Psychic Distance, International Marketing Strategy and Export Performance: Establishing an Empirical Link. Journal of Marketing Management 25(5/6): 591-610.