The Medieval or Post Medieval clachan or buaile of Bereiro is located above the east shore of Tràigh nan Srùban to the north of the Camas Uig. The buaile is located on a low spur that runs from north to south. The site consists of six Pre-Crofting blackhouses and a similar number of stack/kale yard enclosures arranged in an irregular fashion, the site is surrounded to the east, south east and north by a well preserved agricultural field system. The structure chosen for excavation on the site during the 1996 season was identified as the remains of a dismantled blackhouse located immediately adjacent to and on the west side of one of the blackhouses that represent the final phase of occupation on the site. The structure was chosen as it may represent the earliest identifiable blackhouse remains in the buaile. The building is believed to date to between A.D.1670 and A.D.1750, a range calculated on the basis of the suggested 80 year life span of the average Pre-Crofting blackhouse.