The Annual Conference for Theological Educators, 2018
23rd - 25th July 2018, lunchtime to lunchtime
High Leigh Conference Centre, Lord Street, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 8SG
Theme for 2018:
Formation for an Engaged Church: Theological Education and the Resourcing of Discipleship
How does the theological education and training that we provide relate to the diversity of Christian discipleship in the world – to the wide range of vocations and forms of ministry, service and witness to which Christians are called in their homes, workplaces, communities and the public sphere? How well do we train ministers who will enable and resource the full breadth of Christian discipleship? Will it take a culture change for our churches to take this variety with full seriousness – and, if so, what role might theological education play in that? In what ways can we as theological educators better serve a church fully engaged in the world?
The 2018 Joint Conference is designed to be a space for all this, and more.
You can download the full programme here. Speakers will include:
- plenary presentations by Megan Seneque, (Susannah Wesley Foundation), Revd Dr Stephen Spencer (Director for theological education in the Anglican Communion),and Revd Dr Malcolm Brown (Director of Mission and Public Affairs,Church of England).
- a panel discussion/ dialogue on spiritual discipline, holiness in the world with Jenny Moberly (Durham University) and Brother Samuel (The Society of Saint Francis).
- a range of discussions and workshops on the conference theme
- a chance to find out about the latest developments in practice and research from around our networks
The conference will start with lunch on Monday 23rd July, and run through to lunch on Wednesday 25th July.
We expect the majority of delegates to select the ‘Two-night package’ when booking, which will include accommodation on the Monday and Tuesday evenings, and all meals and conference sessions.
However we have a small number of rooms available on Sunday or Wednesday nights should transport restrictions mean that you will need to stay an extra night (Select the ‘Three night package’ and then the relevant evenings). Please note that the majority of rooms are single en-suite rooms which will be allocated on a first come first served basis. After this point delegates will be allocated non en-suite rooms.
Those who are local are welcome to attend as day guests only – please select the ‘Day package’ option on the booking form.
The conference will be held at High Leigh Conference Centre, Hertfordshire.
Please note that, because of the way that our funding works, the conference is free for Common Awards staff (all core and associate staff who are or expect to be involved in teaching or assessing Common Awards programmes in the designated Common Awards TEIs).
For other attendees, including members of Theological Educator's Network and the Ministry Development networks who do not teach or assess Common Awards programmes, there is a charge for board and lodging:
- TEN/CMD - 1 Night Package (£100.71): Includes meals and bed & breakfast accommodation
- TEN/CMD - 2 Night Package (£181.40): Includes meals and two nights' bed & breakfast accommodation
- TEN/CMD- 3 Night Package (£262.10): Includes meals and three nights' bed & breakfast accommodation
- TEN/CMD - Day Delegate Package (£45.24 Mon or Tue, £37.44 Wed): Includes catering on days selected
Bookings are now closed. If you are interested in putting your name on a waiting list in case of cancellations, please contact the Common Awards team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We have created some FAQs to hopefully answer some questions you may have about the conference and the venue. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us on email@example.com