Catholic Theology Research Seminar
The Durham Catholic Theology Research Seminar is a forum for scholarly discussion of pertinent issues in the Catholic traditions of theology and Church. It ranges across the traditional theological disciplines (scriptural, historical, philosophical, systematic, liturgical, ethical and practical/pastoral), Catholic social thought and practice, and social-scientific approaches to Catholicism.
Attendance is free of charge and all are welcome; registration is essential. If you wish to attend, please register online here (registration opens three weeks before each seminar).
- 13 February 2020 17:00: Thomas Aquinas on Charity, Making Satisfaction, and Salvation - Rik Van Nieuwenhove , Durham University
- 19 March 2020 17:00: Salvation and ‘Loving Regard’ - Dr Elizabeth Powell, Durham University
- 30 April 2020 17:00: Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (full title TBC) - Dr Medi Volpe, Durham University
- 14 May 2020 17:00: Salvation and Salus (Health) in Late Antiquity - Dawn LaValle Norman , Australian Catholic University
- 10 June 2020 17:00: Salvation as Healing and Healing as Salvation - David Albert Jones, Anscombe Bioethics Centre
Click here to explore the CCS's research, including in the area of Constructive Catholic Theology.