Centre for Catholic Studies 10th Anniversary Celebratory Conference
Catholic Theology in the Public Academy: Searching the Questions, Sounding the Depths
18 - 20 April 2018 in Durham, UK
- Academic Colloquium including the following speakers: Stephen Bullivant, Gavin D’Costa, Alana Harris, Nicholas M. Healy, Elizabeth Johnson, Karen Kilby, Paul Lakeland, Gerard Loughlin, Paul D. Murray, Anna Rowlands, Janet Soskice, and Myriam Wijlens
- Celebratory Dinners in Durham Castle’s Great Hall and St Chad’s College
- Anniversary Mass of Thanksgiving in Durham Cathedral
- Anniversary Public Lecture by Baroness Nuala O'Loan on Catholicism and Public Life
- Parallel Paper Sessions for postgraduate students, early career scholars and established academics
Call for Papers
Postgraduate students, early career scholars and established academics are invited to submit proposals for short papers on any area relevant to Catholic theology/Catholic studies, including: constructive, practical, pastoral or political theology; Catholic social thought and practice; the history of Catholicism; Catholicism, literature and the arts, and the social-scientific study of Catholicism.
The deadline for paper proposals is 9am on Tuesday 16 January 2018.
Full conference package with accommodation: £300 (for students and low-waged: £255). Full package without accommodation: £210 (for students and low waged: £165). Partial conference packages from £50.
More detailed information about costs is shown on the registration site. Please register online here. The registration deadline is Monday 5 March 2018 but early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
This conference is co-sponsored by the Congregation of Religious of England and Wales, and Fairfield University, CT.