Centre for Catholic Studies 10th Anniversary Celebratory Conference
Catholic Theology in the Public Academy: Searching the Questions, Sounding the Depths
18 - 20 April 2018 in Durham, UK
- Academic Colloquium including the following speakers: James Alison, Gavin D’Costa, Alana Harris, Nicholas M. Healy, Elizabeth Johnson, Karen Kilby, Paul Lakeland, Gerard Loughlin, Paul D. Murray, Anna Rowlands, Janet Soskice, and Myriam Wijlens
- Celebratory Dinners in Durham Castle’s Great Hall and St Chad’s College
- Anniversary Mass of Thanksgiving in Durham Cathedral
- Anniversary Public Lecture by Baroness Nuala O'Loan on Catholicism and Public Life
- Parallel Paper Sessions for postgraduate students, early career scholars and established academics
Call for Papers/Posters
Postgraduate students, early career scholars and established academics are invited to submit proposals for short papers and posters on any area relevant to Catholic theology/Catholic studies, including: constructive, practical, pastoral or political theology; Catholic social thought and practice; the history of Catholicism; Catholicism, literature and the arts, and the social-scientific study of Catholicism.
The extended deadline for proposals is 10am on Thursday 15 February 2018.
Full conference package with accommodation: £300 (for students and low-waged: £255). Full package without accommodation: £210 (for students and low waged: £165). Partial conference packages from £50.
More detailed information about costs is shown on the registration site. Please register online here. The registration deadline is Monday 5 March 2018 but early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.