Bishop Dunn Memorial Lecture 2017-2018
HE Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, President of the Pontifical Council for Culture
Universities as Places of Encounter Between Faith and Culture: A public conversation with Bishop Paul Tighe (Secretary of the Pontifical Council for Culture)
Tuesday 1 May 2018 at Ushaw College
- 6.15pm: Lecture in the Exhibition Hall
- 7.30pm: Drinks reception in the Refectory (optional)
- Lecture only tickets: £5 per person (concessions £2.50; Durham University staff and students free with assistance from Durham University Catholic Chaplaincy).
- Drinks reception: £5 per person (no concessions).
- All are welcome; registration is essential. Please register here.
- Registration deadline: 9am on Monday 23 April.
Those needing help with transport can book it (free of charge) through the registration site as follows:
- Outward journey: 5.30pm Elvet Riverside, New Elvet, to Ushaw Colllege main entrance
- Return: Departing from Ushaw College main entrance at 8.15pm (after the drinks reception), returning to Elvet Riverside, New Elvet, with a stop on North Road on the way
The Bishop Dunn Memorial Lecture 2017-2018 is part of the conference celebrating the 450th Anniversary of the Founding of the English College at Douai: 450 Years Pioneering Catholic Education: Past, Present, Future (30 April-1 May at Ushaw College). If you have registered for this conference you have already registered for the lecture. The lecture is organised by the Centre for Catholic Studies, Durham University; Ushaw College; St Cuthbert's Society of Ushaw; and Durham University Catholic Chaplaincy.