Founded in 2008, the Centre for Catholic Studies at Durham University represents a creative partnership between academy and church: a centre within the pluralist, public academy for critically constructive Catholic studies of the highest academic standing.
Research Programme Areas
Call for Papers: Catholicism, Literature, and the Arts, 1850 to the Present
Proposals for short papers of 20 minutes are invited for an international conference on Catholicism, literature, and the arts, taking place on 5-7 July 2017. Among the main topics and themes of the conference are Catholic memoir and autobiography; Catholic fiction and poetry; Catholic readership; journalism; publishers and archives; and the visual arts. The conference will include film, music, and the visual arts, as well as literature. It will also draw on works of art and literature closely associated with Ushaw College.
- Call for Papers: Catholicism, Literature, and the Arts, 1850 to the Present
- New monograph by Dr Nicole Reinhardt
- 50 Years of Walking Together in Faith; Exploring New Directions in Anglican-Roman Catholic Relations
- Centre for Catholic Studies Annual Report
- History of Catholicism Alive at Durham University
- Paschal Mercy and the Power of Belief
- Early Modern Orders and Disorders
- The Sepulchrine Research Associate
All the latest from Durham University's Centre for Catholic Studies.
- Looking forward to this book reading on Monday. Still time to sign up! Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm on Monda… https://t.co/ZsYtX1b8ho
Tweeted 14 hours ago
- Call for papers: Catholicism, Literature & the Arts, 1850 to the present. Deadline extended until 16TH DECEMBER! https://t.co/k2rl1wC6iU
Tweeted 2 days ago
- Ushaw Lecture, 13 Dec: 'O Come All Ye Faithful: A Musical Mystery Tour' followed by the @ushawcollege carol service… https://t.co/3n3AqABbkz
Tweeted 5 days ago
- RT @monksinmotion: Very enjoyable lecture last night @ushawcollege by Anne Thayer. @CCSDham @IMEMSDurham #histmonast https://t.co/LH2c2jnzQ9
Tweeted 1 week ago
- This book reading might be of interest to your followers @AbbeyHouseDU @DurhamTheology @DurhamMRCAS? https://t.co/7cTt5cJbcr
Tweeted 2 weeks ago