St Mary's Society Annual Reunion - 16/09/2016
Welcome to our package of information about this year’s Reunion for all alumni of St Mary’s College. The following information might help to tempt you to join us.
- We have managed to keep the prices down for accommodation and meals with only minimal rises since last year – thanks to college. Tea and coffee will be readily available all weekend and the costs are included.
- There is a varied programme of activities offered to you, but you are free to pick what attracts you, or just use the opportunity to catch up with old friends in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Please see the document below for more details.
- The two visits offered are optional and the prices will be confirmed at the weekend (if enough people sign up there might be reductions available). BUT, these visits must be signed up for as soon as you arrive so arrangements can be made. Transport can be also arranged also if needed.
- Because of the pressure on college accommodation, there are no longer any double rooms available, but it may be possible to make special arrangements if a member needs a carer with them because of disability.
- If you wish to see your old room during the weekend, it might be possible, if it is not occupied, and in some cases, still existing! Let us know when you book if you would like to do this
- If you have any queries about the weekend programme, please direct them to me, via the email given below. Any queries about college should go to Karen Fisher, as on the booking form (below). To book and pay online, please click here
Margaret Collins Neé Purnell (1965-8)
Alumni Christmas Drinks - 3/12/2015
Unfortunately this event is now full, but please keep an eye out for more similar happenings in the future!
We are pleased to be joined by over 100 St Mary’s alumni and friends at our Christmas after hours drinks on Thursday December 3rd at the stunning and historic Old Bank of England.
The Old Bank of England is one of the City’s most beautiful pubs. The Bank of England traded here for almost a century until 1975, and the building has now been restored to its former opulent glory. Owned by Fuller’s Brewery, the Old Bank of England has an extensive drinks menu featuring a vast selection of ales, along with pub food and bar snacks. The pub is located on Fleet Street, just a 5 minute walk from Temple and Chancery Lane. A full review of the event can be found in our March Edition of the Friends of St Mary's magazine
Macbeth - Sunday 29th June
29th June, 2014
Saturday 29th June saw Illyria outdoor touring company visit Mary’s for the very first time. The internationally renowned Shakespearian troupe treated a huge audience to a fantastic, moving and often humorous performance of Macbeth. A half-time raffle conducted by the actors and Professor Simon Hackett was a light-hearted highlight of the evening!
16th May, 2014 - 23rd July, 2014
It was so lovely to meet so many alumni at the recent Dunelm Days celebrations in the North East. Thank you so much to everyone who attended! The Dunelm Days were a seris of global events organised by our volunteers and celebrating all things Durham. To learn more or to volenteer to hold your own event please follow this link http://www.dunelm.org.uk/dunelm-days
London After Hours
28th March, 2014
Over thrity St Mary’s alumni, students and friends met in London for informal after hours drinks from on Friday 28th March, in the historic and beautiful Old Counting House Pub. The evening began with a meal at the fantastic fun Ortega Spanish Restaurant and ended when the Counting House Pub finally threw everyone out in the early hours! We greatly enjoyed catching up with the stories of our alumni, swapping ideas for future events, and sharing news and pictures of life at Mary’s. We hope to see everyone again very soon!
16th November 2013.
22 Alumni joined us for a free Brunch hosted by Principle Simon Hackett which coincided with the homecoming of so many alumni over the Lumière Festival and Old Boys Football Weekend.
Society Reunion Weekend
20th, 21st and 22nd September 2013.
News from this event avalible on the Society website.
London Meet Up, The George Inn, Southwark.
Roaring success with over 30 attendees. Everyone enjoyed meeting up with old friends and loved the prizes from the free raffle. Certianly to be repeated very soon. Thanks to Steven Spencer for all the hard work he put in to this event.