Rich is an independent education advisor and researcher. He has wide experience of adult vocational learning, and has worked extensively with special needs' young adults, manufacturing industry (where his clients included Corning Consumers Ltd, Glaxo-Welcome Operations, and Vickers Defence Systems), and the NHS. As education advisor to the Nothern Deanery (2003-2012( he supported the postgraduate medical education of doctors through faculty development, educational quality assurance, leadership and innovation.
He currently leads the development of postgraduate medical education in Juba, South Sudan, where he is Honorary Professor of Medical Education Planning, Dean of the newly established College of Physicians and Surgeons, and Dean of Postgraduate Medical Education. He spends around four months a year in Juba, where he works with the Ministry of Health and with staff of Juba Teaching Hospital. Developing active support networks in Eastern Africa, the UK and more widely is just one of his priorities.
Back in the Uk he works with his colleague Dr Jamie Harrison to develop the Centre for Healthcare Resourcing at St John's College, Durham. He also teaches on the Master's course in clinical education at Newcastle University.
Rich's doctorate in medical education explored how operating theatre practice can enable and constrain learning.
- Bregazzi R, (2015) Developing Postgraduate Medical Education in South Sudan, South Sudan Medical Journal 8.2
- Bregazzi R (2014). Learning and Teaching in the Operating Theatre [online]. Available at http://www.e-lfh.org.uk/projects/e-lpras
- Bregazzi R, (2014) Perceptions of healing, a study of Christian healing ministries in north east England, Theology and Ministry, St John’s College, Durham
- Bregazzi R, (2013) Learning clinical practice (editorial) South Sudan Medical Journal 6.3
- Bregazzi R, (2012) Better learning, safer practice: induction for overseas doctors new to clinical practice in the UK BMJ Careers; http://careers.bmj.com/careers/advice/view-article.html?id=20007582
- Bregazzi R, (2008) Quality management and professional development in the Northern Deanery, delivering training or facilitating learning, The State of Postgraduate Medical Education and Training, PMETB, London
- Bregazzi R, Harrison J, (2005) From Spain to County Durham: experience of cross cultural general practice recruitment Education for Primary Care, 16, 268-274
- Bregazzi R, Harrison J, (2002) Factors influencing career choice: experience from GP Career Start in County Durham Education for Primary Care, 13, 477-489
- Bregazzi R, Harrison J, (2002) Committing to partnership: experience from GP Career Start in County Durham Education for Primary Care, 13, 42-7.
- Bregazzi R, van Zwanenberg T, Harrison J (2000) Mentoring new GPs: experience from GP Career Star in County Durham Education for General Practice, 11, 58-64