The Leadbeater College Accommodation Award
The Leadbeater College Accommodation Award was launched in 2018, established through a generous contribution to College in memory of Gordon Leadbeater. The purpose of the award is to promote widening participation and access by supporting prospective and new undergraduate students from lower income families to live in St John’s College in their first year, and to encourage innovative contributions to College life. It is expected that 1000 GBP is awarded annually to one scholar, and used to offset their College accommodation fees.
- Full-time UK first year undergraduate students who do not already have an undergraduate degree
- Household income as assessed by Student Finance England (or equivalent) is between £25,000 - £35,000
- Must have been considered for the Durham Grant.
Terms and conditions
- A payment of 1000 GBP is used to offset the award holder’s College accommodation fees in the second or third term of the academic year.
- The awardee must submit a post (ca 500 words) about their College life activities, with photos, which may be published in the College blog, St John’s Chronicle.
- Potential contribution to College life
- Evidence of need and eligibility.