College Covid-19 information and planning
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, and following government directives, St John’s College has remained open, while operating differently. Due to governments and restrictions, we are constantly reviewing our Covid safe environment. We remain open for business.
Staff are normally available via email, telephone and Microsoft Teams. Their working hours may vary slightly from normal, and they may take longer than usual for to respond to queries. For contact details, see the contact list on this page. We offer student support online during office hours on email@example.com. Cranmer Tutors are offering support to students of Cranmer, also via telephone, email and online.
Helping Hands Appeal
We launched a fundraising appeal in order to lend a helping hand to those individuals in our community who are struggling financially as a result of Covid-19. Find out more here.
- Our staff teams have detailed operational plans to ensure the safety of our staff and students while offering a Johnian college experience.
- These plans are adapted continuously in response to government/local restrictions and guidelines.
- We are presently at alert level 4, with a blended virtual/in person operational model, and certain restrictions on College life and facilities indoors for safety reasons.
- We have a new outdoor café/bar area: Linton Garden Bar. We have also hired a large marquee for Michaelmas term, which offers flexible social space for various events and activities.
- We will continue to offer a range of college events and activities online to keep our community together across social distancing measures.
- Cranmer Ordinands receive detailed information separately about teaching and operational arrangements.
- Under current national lockdown restrictions, only residents and staff are permitted on College grounds. Students living out may only access the LRC/library (if members). We look forward to welcoming students living out into College as soon as permitted.
- College life is a little different from usual, especially in the first term, but we are the same friendly and welcoming community as always.
- College Communities Under Covid-19 Restrictions (last modified: 21 September 2020)
- Durham COVID Code and Household Isolation Explained (last modified: 23 October 2020)
- Self-isolation information for students UPDATED 23.10.2020 (last modified: 23 October 2020)
- St John's College Regulations 2020-2021 (last modified: 24 September 2020)
- STUDENT OPERATIONAL PLAN VS ALERT LEVELS 18.09.2020.pdf (last modified: 18 September 2020)
St John's College
3 South Bailey
Opening hours: 08:00 – 23:00
T: +44 (0)191 334 3500
Follow us on Twitter @StJohnsDurham
Like us on Facebook for the latest news and stories
View our latest snaps on Instagram
Experience St John's College: visit our YouTube channel
Read this article to find out how much was donated to a local foodbank thanks to everyone who collected excess food from isolation food packs!