College Covid-19 information and planning
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, and following government directives, St John’s College has remained open, while operating differently. Due to governments and restrictions, we are constantly reviewing our Covid safe environment. We remain open for business and are looking forward to all that this new term will bring.
Staff are normally available via email, telephone and Microsoft Teams. Their working hours may vary slightly from normal, and they may take longer than usual for to respond to queries. For contact details, see the contact list on this page. We offer student support online during office hours on email@example.com. Cranmer Tutors are offering support to students of Cranmer, also via telephone, email and online.
Helping Hands Appeal
We launched a fundraising appeal in order to lend a helping hand to those individuals in our community who are struggling financially as a result of Covid-19. Find out more here.
- Our staff teams are developing detailed operational plans to ensure the safety of our staff and students while offering a Johnian college experience. You can find a detailed overview of our operational models for accommodation, college life, facilities and student services in relation to the Covid-19 alert levels in the document below.
- These plans are adapted continuously in response to government/local restrictions and guidelines.
- We expect to start the new term at alert level 3, with a blended virtual/in person operational model, and certain restrictions on College life and facilities indoors for safety reasons.
- We are excited to develop a new outdoor café/bar area: Linton Garden Bar. We have also hired a large marquee for Michaelmas term, which will offer flexible social space for various events and activities.
- We will continue to offer a range of college events and activities online to keep our community together across social distancing measures.
- Cranmer Ordinands receive detailed information separately about teaching and operational arrangements.
- Under current local restrictions, only residents and staff are permitted on College grounds. Students living out may only access the LRC/library (if members). We look forward to welcoming students living out into College as soon as permitted.
- College life will certainly be a little different from usual, especially in the first term, but we will be the same friendly and welcoming community as always.
- College Communities Under Covid-19 Restrictions (last modified: 21 September 2020)
- St John's Quarantine Information for Students UPDATED 18.09.2020 (last modified: 18 September 2020)
- STUDENT OPERATIONAL PLAN VS ALERT LEVELS 18.09.2020.pdf (last modified: 18 September 2020)
St John's College
3 South Bailey
Opening hours: 08:00 – 23:00
T: +44 (0)191 334 3500
Follow us on Twitter @StJohnsDurham
Like us on Facebook for the latest news and stories
View our latest snaps on Instagram
Experience St John's College: visit our YouTube channel