St John’s College, Durham – Deputy Warden of Cranmer Hall
St John’s College Durham is seeking to appoint a person of outstanding leadership, strategic, teaching and pastoral ability to serve as Deputy Warden of Cranmer Hall, supporting the ongoing development of the college and the training of women and men for Christian ministry and mission.
This role offers the successful applicant the chance to play a significant and rewarding role in the shared leadership of Cranmer Hall, as part of a supportive staff team and at an exciting time in theological education.
A key part of the Deputy Warden’s role will be to develop Cranmer Hall’s capacity to offer training for missional leadership and resource the church theologically for its missionary task.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate
- excellent strategic, operational and development skills
- a strong awareness of the future possibilities for local mission and how residential theological education can resource the church for this
- a demonstrable passion for, and skills in, training men and women in Christian mission and ministry
- the capacity to work constructively within the evangelical and ecumenical tradition of Cranmer Hall
For more information please visit www.cranmerhall.com
Closing date: noon Thursday 4 January 2018
Dates for interviews: Thursday 18 and Friday 19 Jan 2018
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Philip Plyming, Warden of Cranmer Hall or Kate Bruce, Deputy Warden, via 0191 334 3924.
A satisfactory DBS declaration is required at the time of taking up the post.
- CranmerHallDeputyWardenjobdescription.docx (last modified: 24 November 2017)