Terms of reference
The Group is responsible for:
- Implementation of the Sexual Violence and Misconduct Policy and Procedures: The Group will be responsible initially for the final design of the Policy and Procedures, and will then be responsible for ensuring the communication, dissemination, regular review and implementation of the Policy and Procedures across the University.
- Implementation of Training: The Group will oversee the design and delivery of consent, bystander awareness, and disclosures training across the University.
- Identification of Lessons Learnt: The Group will review anonymised incidents, reported cases etc. and identify from these any mechanisms for improving the approach to reporting and managing incidents.
- Provision of Guidance: The Group will support the LSVMO and DLSVMO in the provision of guidance to staff and students on an ad hoc basis when presented with a query.
- Provision of Assurance: The Group will provide assurance to UEC via the LSVMO that: a) policies, procedures and reporting tools are being appropriately utilised across the University; b) training is applied widely and appropriately; and c) support services continue to be effective and sufficient. This will be achieved through an annual report to UEC and Council via the LSVMO.
The Group will meet, in the first instance, every month, until the key steps in implementation of the recommendations from the SVTF have been undertaken. Following this, the Group will be expected to meet quarterly.
The Group will be expected to report to UEC through the UEC Lead for Sexual Violence and Misconduct (the LSVMO). Reporting elsewhere may be required on an ad hoc basis, where issues are of strategic relevance to the remit of another committee/group.