Education and Training
Prevention and Response Training
Preventing sexual violence and misconduct is not the responsibility of the survivor or target of sexual violence and misconduct. Risk reduction is not prevention. The training programme offered to students and staff focuses on understanding what sexual violence is, how to intervene, and how to respond. Education for students focuses heavily on understanding consent, respect and healthy relationships and active bystander intervention. Education for staff focuses on building awareness around these issues, learning practical skills to respond to disclosures and how to support survivors.
- The Colleges deliver Awareness Sessions during Induction Week for all new starters.
- All Students are expected to take the online course: Consent Matters: Boundaries, Respect, and Positive Intervention (located under My Organisations & Online Training on DUO)
- The University also delivers active bystander training.
All staff are encouraged to participate in disclosure training either in-person or online.
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence (located under My Organisations & Online Training on DUO)
The following in-person sessions are bookable via the online training system:
- Level 1: SVM Awareness and Disclosure Training
- 3 sessions are available on 14 March 2019
- 3 sessions are available on 14 May 2019
- 3 sessions are available on 6 June 2019
- Level 2: SVM Disclosure and Support Workshop
- 2 sessions are available on 2 May 2019
- 2 sessions are available 20 June 2019
- Level 3: SVM Investigations Training
Tea Consent (Clean)
Copyright ©2015 Emmeline May and Blue Seat Studios Non-commercial use: Video must have copyright information displayed below video, with a live link to original. No alteration to the video may be made, other than translation. Commercial use: Contact email@example.com for licensing. Script - Rockstar Dinosaur Pirate Princess ... Animation - Rachel Brian ... VO - Graham Wheeler http://rockstardinosaurpirateprincess.com/2015/03/02/consent-not-actually-that-complicated/ http://www.blueseatstudios.com/
For more information or to request training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.