Education and Training
Prevention and Response Training
Preventing sexual violence and misconduct is not the responsibility of the survivor or target of sexual violence and misconduct. Risk reduction is not prevention. The training programme offered to students and staff focuses on understanding what sexual violence is, how to intervene, and how to respond. Education for students focuses heavily on understanding consent, respect and healthy relationships and active bystander intervention. Education for staff focuses on building awareness around these issues, learning practical skills to respond to disclosures and how to support survivors.
- The Colleges deliver Awareness Sessions during Induction Week for all new starters.
- All Students are expected to take the online course: Consent Matters: Boundaries, Respect, and Positive Intervention (located under My Organisations & Online Training on DUO)
- The University also delivers active bystander training.
All staff are encouraged to take the online course: Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence (located under My Organisations & Online Training on DUO)
The following in-person sessions are bookable via the online training system:
- Level 1: SVM Awareness and Disclosure Training
- 3 sessions will be held on 6 November 2018
- 3 sessions will be held on 27 November 2018
- 3 sessions will be held on 4 December 2018
- Level 2: SVM Disclosure and Support Workshop
- 2 sessions will be held 29 November 2018
- Level 3: SVM Investigations Training
- 1 session will be held on 28 September 2018
Tea Consent (Clean)
Copyright ©2015 Emmeline May and Blue Seat Studios Non-commercial use: Video must have copyright information displayed below video, with a live link to original. No alteration to the video may be made, other than translation. Commercial use: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing. Script - Rockstar Dinosaur Pirate Princess ... Animation - Rachel Brian ... VO - Graham Wheeler http://rockstardinosaurpirateprincess.com/2015/03/02/consent-not-actually-that-complicated/ http://www.blueseatstudios.com/
For more information or to request training, please email email@example.com.